Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 10-04-2003 , 08:33 AM

video tutorial prices

Hi Simplymaya
please dont take this in the wrong way, im not moaning at anyone, just saying what i think. user added image
i think that having to pay for each tutorial which you download is a bit too much. its basically £1 for i point and some of the tutorials add up to 15 points which means that for some of the tutorials we a re paying £15 which i think is a bit much. i really liked the way it was before, pay monthly, i know it might not be as good for the site but im sure that it would get alot more people to sign up and actually pay for the tutorials. coz there are tons of ppl like me who are students and have VERY little money and cant affort to pay £5 - £15 for a video tutorial but who can afford to pay monthly.
remember dont take this in the wrong way, just trying to help
thanks

# 2 10-04-2003 , 08:53 AM
Kevin

Hi Simplymaya
please dont take this in the wrong way, im not moaning at anyone, just saying what i think.
i think that having to pay for each tutorial which you download is a bit too much. its basically £1 for i point and some of the tutorials add up to 15 points which means that for some of the tutorials we a re paying £15 which i think is a bit much. i really liked the way it was before, pay monthly, i know it might not be as good for the site but im sure that it would get alot more people to sign up and actually pay for the tutorials. coz there are tons of ppl like me who are students and have VERY little money and cant affort to pay £5 - £15 for a video tutorial but who can afford to pay monthly.
remember dont take this in the wrong way, just trying to help
thanks

sure....this might help:

https://www.thegnomonworkshop.com/videos.html

or

aliaswavefront

1HR 30 min tutorial will cost you from $60 to $180 - we are charging something crazy like $2/3 for a 1 hr vid tutorial. Sure for an example: The dog rig would cost you 16 points which is approx £16 - but you get 4 HOURS!! Plus a model that you would normally have to pay a fortune for from somewhere like turbosquid

4 HRS for £16 = £4 AN HOUR (including the 2 models - 1 rigged / 1 not) If any one thinks our prices are to much then please feel free to go elsewhere.

We will not be going back to pay per month... if we do then we would charge around $50 per month and release 45 mins to 1 hr per month.

Thank you

# 3 10-04-2003 , 10:50 AM
Subscriber
Hi Lespaul84

I think Kevin makes a valuable point mate. In relative terms we r getting a fantastic deal. Im in the same situation as u, in that I am a student struggiling financially. I think what is best for u to do, like I do, is to prioritise the tutorials i.e. buy the ones that which aquire to ur needs. Obviously if SM were to lower the prices still further there would be greater demand, but it's just not commercially viable option for them in the whole scheme of things. I would certainly have things this way than for SM to be stuffed full of pop-ups and in ur face ads. To be honest, there is no other option quite like the one we get here at SM user added image

# 4 10-04-2003 , 11:13 AM
And also, even at this price, SM are still probably the cheapest place to go next to free tutorials sites, which you can also get here.

Like Kevin said, a 1hr 30min tutorial from Gnomon is around $60 - $180. I'm sure the tutorials are good, but are they really worth that much?

If SM charged prices like that, for the 4 hour cyberdog vid would cost around $200+- $700+

Yeah, but no but yeah but no....
# 5 10-04-2003 , 11:16 AM
Subscriber
What i find funny...is that we four r British and we r talking dollars...hmm....keep the pound!!!

# 6 10-04-2003 , 02:31 PM
booohhhahaha! hehe..

resistance is futile! LOLuser added image

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 7 10-04-2003 , 08:15 PM
Subscriber
I think its worth the price, I've been on Gnomon online, and they rarely updated their videos. The good thing about this site, is that they listen to their members to the point of actually making videos for us, lol, its my home away from home. :>

https://www.verticalincline.com
# 8 10-04-2003 , 08:50 PM
Glad to hear that Billy!

..and BTW, DAM you are tall! hehe...

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 9 10-04-2003 , 09:13 PM
Subscriber
its really really really cheap compared to other sites,, but like you,, i am also a guy with virutally no pocket at all..

# 10 10-04-2003 , 09:17 PM
Subscriber
Lol, who said.. I was tall.. they lie.. lol j/k

https://www.verticalincline.com
# 11 10-04-2003 , 10:27 PM
Kevin Calmn down, i didnt mean it to be taken in a bad way. i have realised that the prices are REALLY cheap compared to all the other places. Im sorry if i upset anyone with this post. user added image

# 12 10-04-2003 , 10:30 PM
Subscriber
im having to agree with lespaul on this one

- Simon

My Website: www.Glass-Prison.com
# 13 10-04-2003 , 10:33 PM
Subscriber
hmmm...i posted a thing like this when i was a "Newbie member here", and this is exactly what the reply got from kev.. hehe lol

i also thought he was shouting at me... hehe.. lol

# 14 10-04-2003 , 10:39 PM
No calming down! Kill kill! Kill! Prices are better here! so kill! go somewhere else! Prices low! Beer! Kill!

I think I´m a bit violent atm.

user added image

In any case, he's answered the same "suggestion" about a dozen times already, so I understand when he answers that way.

# 15 10-04-2003 , 10:57 PM
Subscriber
theres this great dvd set coming out
learning 3d character animation (www.jefflew.com)

and its gunna be the price of a playstation game, 4 hours of CA theory and history, looks good user added image

- Simon

My Website: www.Glass-Prison.com