I would appreciate your views and opinions on this possible setup. Will all these parts work ok together? Theres still time to change a few of the components, so if you think any part needs improving, then please do say
I’m hopefully gunna have some round IDE cables as well. I’m going to be using the computer for Maya, Combustion and Photoshop (and some games as well) as some of you already know.
(Processor) AMD Athlon XP2800+ Barton (without heatsink and cpu fan)
(Motherboard) Asus A7N8X deluxe
(Sound card) Creative Soundblaster Audigy2 Platinum eX
(6.1 Speakers) Creative Inspire 6.1 6700 Surround
(Graphics card) nVidia QuadroFX 1000
(RAM) Crucial PC2700 1.5GB DDR (3 x 512mb modules)
(Monitor) Iiyama Vision Master Pro 454 19"
(Case) Lian-li PC 65B
(PSU) Antec TrueBlue 480 Watt PSU (ATX12V)
(CPU Heatsink) Thermalright SLK-800
(CPU Fan) Coolermaster 80mm Blue LED Clear fan (CPU)
(Case fans) 4 x Coolermaster 80mm Blue LED Clear fan (2 exhaust, 2 intake)
(Floppy drive) 1.44MB 3.5" FDD TEAC Black finish
(Hard drive) Western Digital Caviar WD1200JB Special Edition, 8mb cache, 7,200rpm IDE
(CDRW) Plextor 48x24x48 IDE burn proof (Black finish)
(DVD drive) Lite-on 16x Black DVD Drive IDE
(Mouse) Logitech MX700 mouse
(Keyboard) Logitech cordless desktop optical keyboard + mouse
(Thermal Comp)Arctic silver 3 thermal compound (3 grams)
Just a few things I’d like to know:
1. Is the PSU going to provide enough power to this computer?
2. Will all these parts fit inside the lian-li case easily? Is there going to be enough room?
3. Will the fans provide a good enough airflow?
4. Will the ram work with the motherboard?
5. Is the graphics card going to work ok with the mboard? I think it will, but just need some verification
6. Will the SLK800 fit over the barton processor ok?
7. Is the coolermaster fan ok (size wise) for the heatsink?
8. Would the noise levels (of fans, HD, GPU etc) be ok? Cos I don’t want this getting too loud
9. Is there anything else I need in this setup that ive missed out? Anything at all
Thanks for your help, I promise I won’t bug you about any hardware stuff again once I get this computer sorted