Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 16 19-04-2003 , 07:53 AM
Hello guys,

After tinkering a bit with Nurbs, and learning as much as I can about them, I noticed this battle has a deadline also, so I´ll continue on Polys now. Starting as a lowpoly model -might even keep on being one-, and I´ll add details during the battle.

This screenshot is when I finally decided to convert to polys
Appreciate the time and patience of Mike, who answered some of my questions in the Nurbs forum, and his Nurbs Shark tutorial

# 17 19-04-2003 , 08:26 AM
Subscriber
Looks like a great start. Good job with the nurbs!. I like the screen colors to..

# 18 19-04-2003 , 08:43 AM
Subscriber
Yeah, very nice. Good usage of the wonderfull GIF format too user added image !!

Take a glance at my <a href="https://forums.simplymaya.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9428"><b>Porsche 959</b></a> WIP
# 19 19-04-2003 , 09:30 AM
More progress,

I´m venturing into new terrains as I´ve never gone into organic modelling. I figured it must be the same as inorganic modelling, lol, experience tells otherwise. I´m learning a far lot though.

In any case, some more progress ...

**EDIT** Adobe Photoshop Elements is doing a wonderfull job at running paralel to Maya, I can finally post screenshots more frequently, instead of having to do the captures, close Maya, open Photoshop to edit them. Good choice for us RAM impaired users.

Last edited by adldesigner; 19-04-2003 at 09:37 AM.
# 20 19-04-2003 , 10:18 AM
Kevin
nice work mr adl...keep it going dude

# 21 19-04-2003 , 10:18 AM
Kevin
and you to georgy!

# 22 19-04-2003 , 11:10 AM
Subscriber
yeah adl, your posted images are very artistic

Take a glance at my <a href="https://forums.simplymaya.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9428"><b>Porsche 959</b></a> WIP
# 23 19-04-2003 , 11:34 AM

More progress ..

Tinkered a bit with the hands, they have fingers now, although not very detailed -yet- (Same with feet)
Head hasn´t been touched yet ... I should though. user added image

Thanks for comments pony | JB | Kev, enjoy ...

Last edited by adldesigner; 19-04-2003 at 11:37 AM.
# 24 19-04-2003 , 11:37 AM
Subscriber
wow cool adls user added image

Thanks for wasting your time reading this line.
# 25 19-04-2003 , 11:49 AM
Subscriber
very good model.. and I'm like rather enveuse of your use of gif's.. how much size to them ? they really make your views stand out.. once agin ADL's in the fourFront of advertising !! LOL.. thinking about trying it my self.

Can we see it smothed ?? save befor hand just in case..

# 26 19-04-2003 , 11:58 AM
Subscriber
grrrr... stupid dial-up internet disconnected while i tried to post this

Originally posted by pony
very good model.. and I'm like rather enveuse of your use of gif's.. how much size to them ? they really make your views stand out.. once agin ADL's in the fourFront of advertising !! LOL.. thinking about trying it my self.

<nods head in agreement>

Do you actually work in Maya with those colours, or do you do that in photoshop?

Animated GIFs are sooooo usefull - I used one a while back to show a sword I made for a challenge. I think when I've finished with modelling my critter I'll post an animated GIF of it.

# 27 19-04-2003 , 12:02 PM
Mumbo! How have you been mate? Like the GIFs? user added image

Pony, Thanks for the words mate. Size depends on how many frames but since I don´t use much colors, and my image size is always constant, they aren´t that heavy. (Your average high quality Jpg)

As per the smoothing, I´d like to know some settings since I´m not that used to smoothing out models. In any case I believe it still needs to be detailed quite a lot. What method do you use to smooth?

# 28 19-04-2003 , 12:04 PM
JB, Color is given artificially in PS. (Elements actually)
I think I wouldn´t stand the theme for much long before reverting back to the gray. user added image

# 29 19-04-2003 , 12:07 PM
Subscriber
hmmmm... it seems to me that i might need to check out Photoshop Elements then - it might be worthwhile!

# 30 19-04-2003 , 12:16 PM
If you can run PS along with Maya, then by all means do so.

Elements works great for me, because I don´t have much RAM (128MB), and it ain´t as resource agressive as Ps. If it weren´t for it, I wouldn´t have been making all these images.