Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 17-04-2003 , 03:35 PM

Bump effect to surfaces...

ok i wanna create ground rocky surfaces with bumps and stuff...like i said i'm a total newbie so plz don't be mad with me lol user added image

how do i go about it? a kinda rocky floor with bits of grass and a bumpy (not smooth) texture)... like picture attacted...

also the camera how can i get it perfectly striaght as the image looks kinda lob sided...

thx again u very kind people!

Tera

# 2 17-04-2003 , 05:11 PM
Subscriber
for a bumpy floor you could use a bump map, or the easy way would be to paint the bumpiness on the surface, i cant remmeber what this tool is called, sorry

- Simon

My Website: www.Glass-Prison.com
# 3 17-04-2003 , 11:51 PM
or for the rocky ground.... you can use displacement... bump is applied to surface and is very calculated in terms of ups and downs... i don't think it will suite you for this situation... you need to add displacement on the surface...
what it will do is the will make bumps on the surface on the basis of a greyscale image...

# 4 18-04-2003 , 12:36 AM
Go to side view, and select you Persective camera. (Highlight it) and put you exact values in the cahnnel box.

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!