Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 16 06-05-2003 , 06:02 AM
Subscriber
Sorry guys, I take a lot of heat for sounding like a Texan so sometimes I play into it a bit. I forget that the rest of the world won't get the joke. It's funny that our accent is pretty much derived from the deap south's version of a the British accent of a couple centries ago. I don't know what went arye along the way.user added image

Anyway. heres my update. Guess I should kill the caption but what the hay.

I have no idea how to do a mouth but Ill work it out. My pencils have me in headphones, as I don't really want to do my ears. but I may get more ambitous.user added image
user added imageTime for sleep.

¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤øø¤
Chris
essahc@sbcglobal.net
# 17 06-05-2003 , 06:07 AM
Subscriber
Hey man, its lookin awesome! I personally love what you have so far.. i suggest thoguh extending the forhead and squashin the face a bit... but other than tha.. keep it up user added image.. (BTW, those eyes are awesome).

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 18 06-05-2003 , 07:08 AM
yeah.. if you make the head more "tall" it will get the more you look user added image

Carsten Lind
Senior 3D Artist,
Maya Software Manager & Maya Instructor
LEGO Systems A/S
# 19 06-05-2003 , 05:13 PM
Yeah, those eyes look very realistic.
I notice people don´t have much trouble doing realistic eyes, as opposed to doing realistic skin, for example.
How do you model them (eyes)? (how to get that translucid effect?)

Thanks.

Mário.

:bgreen:
# 20 06-05-2003 , 07:49 PM
Subscriber
is that bloodhot eye from highend? looks nice whatever!!

cheers

Rich
# 21 06-05-2003 , 10:20 PM
Subscriber
translucid would be if you were "half aware", transluscent means light can pass through it and i don't think thats waht you meant either. Although they are reflecting the lights and that looks cool.

GJ man, i really have to start this thing somehow......

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
Aol Instant messenger: mrcoolbp2
# 22 07-05-2003 , 02:42 AM
Subscriber
Yeah. that is the bloodshot eyes from Highend. I think its a Denflo Shader. I plan to do my own later if I do texture. I just put those there for my own sanity. They are simple nurb spheres with the cornea pulled out some.

yeah.. if you make the head more "tall" it will get the more you look

Thanks guys. I really need the advise.user added image
I may not be able to do any work on this for a few days as this is finals week here at Austin Communtiy College and my Anatomy and Physiology Class is beating me to death. Life is good though, I've wanted to go back to school for 20 years now and finnaly get to do it. more later

¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤øø¤
Chris
essahc@sbcglobal.net
# 23 07-05-2003 , 03:43 AM
Subscriber
hey, your acheiving your goals.. good for you! Wonderful to hear that someone got off their ass and didnt just complain user added image. Congrats.

# 24 10-05-2003 , 03:26 AM
Subscriber
here is the latest. I took Carsten's advise and streched my head some. did some more exageration. next comes glasses and maybe ears. then a body.

¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤øø¤
Chris
essahc@sbcglobal.net
# 25 11-05-2003 , 03:47 PM
Subscriber
Its lookin great! One thing i think you should quickly fix is that point you have on your chin. I realise the general shape, but it should be smooth.. it just looks like a problem with mirroring. So yea, bring that vert inwards a bit user added image. Also, i love the nose, but usually a big nose will come down on a straight angle. Your nose kinda curves inwards from the forehead.. then comes way out. If you take that area inbetween the eyes and bring it out a bit, i think that would look better user added image. But yea, its looking great

# 26 11-05-2003 , 06:30 PM
Subscriber
Thanks M.
I just had a few minutes to give this today....Mothers day you know... Just nubs for ears for now.

¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤øø¤
Chris
essahc@sbcglobal.net
# 27 11-05-2003 , 06:32 PM
Subscriber
oops

¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤øø¤
Chris
essahc@sbcglobal.net
# 28 11-05-2003 , 06:58 PM
how often did you smooth it? great work.

# 29 11-05-2003 , 09:11 PM
Subscriber
Hey essahc, lookin great, you fixed that chin user added image. BTW, i know what you mean.. you cant be on the computer all day when its mothers day user added image.. that would be silly.

# 30 12-05-2003 , 12:59 AM
Subscriber
You nailed the chin man! spot-on.

H!