Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 16 16-05-2003 , 11:30 AM
Subscriber
the scene looks nice, only the glass is a bit not so perfect. seams to be too reflective and not transparent. total reflection does not occur at such high angle already user added image

p.s.: on the first render i liked the glass a bit better user added image

# 17 16-05-2003 , 11:43 AM
Ok I've marked on the pic where I think it's not quite right:

1: You dont appear to have any well defined light sources in the scene and yet there are really strong (and very long! user added image) shadows coming from somewhere. You may want to think about a softer shadowing technique.

2: This is a point light hot spot i think, is that right?you need to lower the intensity of that spot, the wall would be lit in a much more even way, in other words where is the light source that is creating that hotspot?

3: See above

4: Again it's about shadows user added image This barrel i stoo dark and cast in shadow, for an object that's right at the front of the scene I would be tempted to give it a more subtle lighting, especially when the things next to it e.g. the glass and the poster underneath are much much brighter than the barrel.

I hope this has been helpful, I'm really enjoying our work and i think that the modelling and texturing as a whole are great, but shadows are so important and the really can let your cg work down if you dont get them right. user added image

user added image

Alan

Ps. Sorry about the big red scrawls all over you pic... :p

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB