Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 02-06-2003 , 02:48 PM

how to break up ocean shader

Hi all,

I spent some time on this one and so far I didn't manage to brake up this regular pattern look of Ocean shader?

Id like to do a shot from high above looking down on sea surface but it looks so artificial and pattern... I don't know. I tried mapping some fractals on various places and you mange to do little variation but I just cant seem to find a way to make sea look more photoreal. Right now I'm thinking of doing in some alternative way, with some displacement map...etc.

Any info would be great,
Thanx

Kiki
# 2 02-06-2003 , 02:52 PM
try making your ocean as a nurbs plane, and move the isoparms to create irregularity in the surface.

when you apply the shader / texture to the surface, the shader should conform to flow with the isoparms of the surface..

Carsten Lind
Senior 3D Artist,
Maya Software Manager & Maya Instructor
LEGO Systems A/S
# 3 02-06-2003 , 03:06 PM
hmm..smart...I dint think of this one. Ill try.

Kiki