Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 05-08-2003 , 12:31 PM

Brand new to learning Maya

I am brand new to all this
altho I have always worked as the actor in front of the camera I would love to learn the technical aspect of creating the 3d films.
Is there a good place to start?
I have Maya 4 learning program
Thanks to anyone they may be of help.
My friend at Dreamworks just tell me to jump in and get my feet wet heheheh so here i am soaking wet
pup

# 2 05-08-2003 , 12:55 PM
SM is a great place to start mate..... loads of helpful members as well as great tutorials some free and with lots in the Vip area.

So with that welcome to SMuser added image

Kurt

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 3 05-08-2003 , 01:09 PM
Thankyou so much am really combing thru the loads of info

# 4 05-08-2003 , 01:38 PM
Best place is to find a tutorial that interests you and do it. Then find another and do it. Then, you guessed it, find another tutorial and do it. Once you are happy with the basic tools and techniques find somthing you want to model and just jump right in, every month there is a competition here on SM and thats always a good way to learn as well.

# 5 05-08-2003 , 01:46 PM

Thanks

Am working on tutorials now
unfortunately because i have the learning version
the maya copyright is always all over my projects
I know i am just learning but sometimes all that stuff gets in the way. Guess am gonna need to buy the program if i dont want to see the copyright stuff.
But so far I love learning this program I'm sure I can get past the copyright issue just have to look beyond it
Thanks again and the tutorials so far are really great
pup

# 6 05-08-2003 , 06:46 PM
Subscriber
welcome to SM
I recomend the shark tutorial by Mike.

any movies/series we might know you from?

<a href="https://www.d2lodshop.com" rel="noopener noreferrer nofollow" class="giveMeEllipsisa" target="blank">D2lodshop</a>
<a href="https://www.gatcity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3" rel="noopener noreferrer nofollow" class="giveMeEllipsisa" target="blank">GAT City</a>
<a href="https://www.rhymbox.com" rel="noopener noreferrer nofollow" class="giveMeEllipsisa" target="blank">XMPP instant messaging</a>
# 7 05-08-2003 , 06:51 PM
I was in waitress a TROMA film
also on broadway in 42nd street did all my children for some episodes and also worked on king kong the movie and some other low budget stuff

# 8 05-08-2003 , 07:04 PM
Cool. All My Children. A soap. I hate soaps. Oh well, Its still cool that you were on ABC.

It's Dr. Know, Not Darknow
# 9 05-08-2003 , 08:45 PM
So how much do you get paid for being an extra?

# 10 05-08-2003 , 08:49 PM
as an xtra in King Kong was 50 bux
all my children ranged from 50 to 100
the troma film was a low budget no pay but good cameo
I didnt mean for this thread to be about me though I am really looking to learn more on maya