Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 18-08-2003 , 01:42 PM
Subscriber

Image plane setup for car model

Hello everyone. I'm trying to learn how to model cars, but cannot get my image plane setup correctly. The side and front views work, but I can't get the top view rotated correctly. All images are Fixed.

Any ideas?

Attached Thumbnails

"Please excuse the crudity of this model, I didn’t have time to build it to scale or to paint it"
:: Dr. Emmett Brown
# 2 18-08-2003 , 01:57 PM
The Maya Mountain
rather than using camera image planes, I'd just use polygon planes and rotate them into place.

# 3 18-08-2003 , 10:20 PM
Subscriber
I tried adding a Poly Plane and then assigned a File texture to it (being the image.gif) and it didn't work. Does the image have to be prepared a certain way? I tried converting the .gif to a .tga, but it didn't help. This sounds like a good idea, but can you help me with the particulars please?

"Please excuse the crudity of this model, I didn’t have time to build it to scale or to paint it"
# 4 19-08-2003 , 12:18 AM
Subscriber
Make sure you are in hardware texture mode (6)

Björn 'santa' Fredriksson

<A href=https://www.bjornfredriksson.com>Site Online.</A>

Check out our 1on1on1 battle for the SandCrawlers.
# 5 19-08-2003 , 12:11 PM
Subscriber
OK, I'll try that. BTW, how do you get rid of images from an Image Plane once their set?

# 6 19-08-2003 , 12:17 PM
The Maya Mountain
Hmm, haven't used them in so long, I don't quite remember, but it would seem that if you were to right click on the background attribute in the Environment tab of the camera's attributes and Break Connections it would get rid of it. Let me know if not, and I'll look into it.