Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 16 24-09-2003 , 08:22 AM

nice poly-construction!

nice is this construction of car

i can't find mutch of critics its near by perfect, but there where the front wheels are inside the original picture, it has one part seperated for wheel this part goes straight down to the doors of the car...
on your model not same as original.

maybe you will cut that later?

nice car man cant wait to see the progress

user added image

https://lab.palindrom.ch
https://www.achermann.cc
: daijobe desu :
# 17 24-09-2003 , 05:17 PM
Subscriber
I think this model wiil end up being one of the best car models here in simplymaya, as i can see the body details are very nice.
Waiting for more updates.
:thumbsup:

Life is lived forward but only understood backward
# 18 24-09-2003 , 05:20 PM

thats right!

it will be a example of car-design.

should it give an exactly copy of the original model?

or do you modify on your own taste?

CU user added image

Last edited by otaku; 24-09-2003 at 05:26 PM.
# 19 24-09-2003 , 05:20 PM
Subscriber
Jason could you please post a more recent lowploy wire so we can see how you manage to get such a nice body detail, it doesn´t need to bee all the model, just one part would be great( a door, headlight)
Thanks.

# 20 24-09-2003 , 06:17 PM
Thanks for your very generous comments guys user added image

otaku, I think I see the part you're referring to. could you post a pic of what you mean? If its the mud guard around the front wheel area, yes it still needs to be cut in. I kinda forgot about it user added image. thanks. I am trying to make it as accurate as possible, but I have different McLaren pics that all have *slightly* different details (in one or two items) so I guess even mine will be a bit of a custom one, But only minutely so.

luistlf, thanks so much. Well I've seen some pretty sweet vehicles in here so I'm not sure if mine will be that good but I appreciate the sentiment. It'll be a nice Mclaren I hope user added image I already made a wire pic for a different forum, its a bit far away but you can see how the edges are cut in.

user added image

My Gallery of Previous Work
# 21 24-09-2003 , 06:49 PM
Subscriber
I think this is what otaku was reffering too

Attached Images

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
Aol Instant messenger: mrcoolbp2
# 22 24-09-2003 , 07:00 PM

like this...

ah you understud what i mean.

i try to explaning you the detail of correction.

its a short session for your model, you just need the split polygon tool.

on the picture i tryed to mark...

on the yellow original is this split line from wheel to nose ending on bottom of carosserie.

but on your modell the horizontal line who crosses trough the wheel area.

there you first delete the edge and remove the lonely vertex #2

this line we wanna ad (edge) is not starting on the end o edges that doesn t matter you can cut with split polygon tool to lines down to the bottom starting (as result of cut) as a triangle (the small black circle) and goes down to bottom.

i hope you will catch it.

you seems not to be a noob, i think yo are already skillful!

if not i will cut for you the model and view public all steps...

cu

user added image user added imageuser added image

Last edited by otaku; 24-09-2003 at 07:02 PM.
# 23 24-09-2003 , 07:04 PM

AAAAHHHHH VECTOR MAN WAS FASTER

ah cool vectorman but you was faster hihi so now he has double explaination...

:p :bgreen:

CU

# 24 24-09-2003 , 09:06 PM
Ah yes you are right. I forgot about that piece over the wheel well. I'll get to that todayuser added image

I'm not sure I understand your comments about the front seam of the door. The door is a seperate pice from the body at this point, but its missing a separation point if its to open (I haven't decided if I want to do much in the interior).

# 25 25-09-2003 , 02:08 AM
I reviewed some of my reference pics and have discovered that the mud guard actually goes all the way around the wheel well, so its a bit different from what Vectorman posted. Anyways, I cut in the edges for it (I think it needs a bit of tweaking stil, but you get the idea) and I'll probably fix it up a bit later. Right now I'm working on the back end details. so here's an updated pic of the front quarter

user added image

# 26 25-09-2003 , 06:27 AM
Subscriber
That is amazing work man!!!

Truly great!

MSN: mizin_alex@hotmail.com
E-MAIL: mizina@alphalink.com.au
# 27 25-09-2003 , 07:49 PM
Subscriber
jason it`s beeing difficult to maintain the model allquad?
I`m modeling a audiallroad myself and some parts are like hell user added image

REGARDS

# 28 25-09-2003 , 07:56 PM
Subscriber
Sorry to screw you up, you're original gif image did not have enough detail to tell that, but me and otaku could tell SOMETHING was up there. When i zoomed in, it appeared just very slightly to me that it looked the way i showed, so i took the liberty with a paintbrush to bring out that extra line at the top and then up the contrast of the whole pic. But alas you have gone beyond that.

BTW You're car is looking very nice, i've found that the people who are doing REALLY good often get alot of crits, so pay attention to you're crits(as you have been) and you could take this VERY FAR. Can't wait for some textures.

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
# 29 25-09-2003 , 08:28 PM
luistlf, I tried my best but in reality its not all quads. Just do the best you can, and if you end up with a non-quad, oh well.

Vectorman, you didn't screw me up at all, you helped clarify the feedback. And I appreciate it too. Your guesstimate was totally reasonable, I just had to go and really study the area to be sure I was doing it right. Hey I'd rather you guys bring it up than to not say anything user added image

Thanks folks, update tonight

# 30 25-09-2003 , 08:30 PM
Subscriber
YAY! Keep up the good work then