Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 11-10-2003 , 07:52 AM

HEEELLPPP!!!!!!!!

ok, i'm working on WinXP, and i change my themes quite often, on day i opened maya and my custom UI disappeared!!!!!!!!!!!! my colors, shelves , EVERYTHING!!!. i fixed that, but now my left mouse button is popping up with a marking menu i cant select crap. i searched and searched on how to fix this but i came up empty everytime. is it the XP themes, did i click something in maya i shouldn't have? HELP!! please.

my pc is acting weird, before this, the program was limiting me on how many hotkeys i can assign, now thats gone but now there's the left mouse button problem!! what the hell?

Genuser added image

# 2 11-10-2003 , 06:33 PM
Subscriber
sounds like your computer is messed up. maybe run a virus scan?

# 3 11-10-2003 , 08:46 PM

thanx

i already did that but it tells me that i don't have a virus. i did some digging and i think its XP, that's it i'm switching to 2K, i know its better for maya but i chose to use xp because it "prettier". thanx again

Genuser added image

# 4 11-10-2003 , 08:50 PM
The Maya Mountain
yeah, 2K seems the most stable. We use it at work.

# 5 11-10-2003 , 09:35 PM
I've used maya on XP from the start with no problems. I never use themes, though and run it in classic mode so it looks more like 2000. *shrug*

"Terminat Bora Diem, Terminal Auctor opus."
# 6 11-10-2003 , 09:36 PM
Subscriber
Mmm. Been using 2k for 2 years now. No problems.

# 7 12-10-2003 , 01:05 AM
When you run a theme it changes the look of the windows for all your programs as well. It may have messed up a setting in Maya that controls the GUI. My render problem was due to a bad setting in the preferences I had loaded, so apparently a lot has to do with the preferences and settings in Maya that determines how it works.

Try this. DONT CHANGE THEMES! :p

user added image

Dave Baer
Professor of Digital Arts
Digital Media Arts College
Boca Raton, Florida
dbaer@dmac.edu
# 8 12-10-2003 , 06:10 AM
thanx guys. i found out what the problem was, it seems that if i switch certain hotkeys, they execute different commands than what i intended user added image ( although i find that weird, cuz i'm sure assigned them correctly) oh well, you live and you learn. i'm splitting my hard drive anyway so i can get 2k just for maya, cuz xp has been getting on my nerves lately.

thanx again guys.