Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 17-11-2003 , 05:16 AM

Matchmoving with Boujou 2.1

Let me start by saying my camera is probably not good enough for matchmoving. It’s a Panassonic PV DV 101, I don’t know if it meant anything to anyone, but this info might be helpful later.

When I capture the raw video into Premiere its output is 720 by 480. As soon as I use Boujou on the video, it produces an unusable result. So what I tried doing is to convert the video to a much smaller res, like 320 by …. ,Boujou does a pretty good job at matchmoving.

When I open up the Maya file the Boujou produced, the first annoyance is that everything is rotated differently from Mayas standard x y z axis. I just get tempted to rotate everything back to right way, but the camera and the movement are locked.

Here is the playblast of the animation

https://www.timur04.com/table%20track3.avi

Next I match up the point helpers and put in some test objects, but when I play the animation, the perspective seems to change as the movie reaches frame 200. What’s causing this? Did Boujou incorrectly animate the camera or it has something to do with the difference between my Panassonic and the camera in Maya?

# 2 17-11-2003 , 05:30 AM
Subscriber
Well maya should be able to match any of your camcorder characteristics, ei lens.. etc.. wasn't sure if that’s what you were asking buy the last question.

Totally unfamiliar with Boujou. I assume the Boujou file your loading in to maya is a normal MB file ? Not that I would have the answers for you on that part, but I was wandering.

I see what your saying though about the change in aspect right at the end of it. Was it like that in BouJou also ?? because that to me looks like it just did not track right originally.

I hope to be doing some rotoscoping/match moving sometime with in the next moth. But I plan on doing it only in maya its self. So I will be interested in some of the answers in this thread.

# 3 17-11-2003 , 05:43 AM
I made that poly plane that “slips” towards the end of the animation in maya, so I was suspecting myself of making a mistake and not placing it right. The only things that I can see in Boujou are the helper points and the animation in the background, so yes, at the end of the animation the points themselves seem to ‘slip” I may have not tracked them right. I wonder what I can do differently next time I film to make sure Boujou will track the points correctly.. maybe use a better camera?

# 4 17-11-2003 , 07:51 AM
Subscriber
You could discreatly place higher contrast objects in the room you are filming. Like wight or black golf balls.. or find something like that but that will seem like they fit in with the background if you don't want to bother with the problem of getting ride of them in your AVI. That can help it track better. I don't know about Boujou and I haven't used the match move for the camara in maya yet.. but like in AfterEffects the motion stabliser alows you to stop or go back to a place ware it started to miss the target and reset it, or move it to a better target at the time. Perhaps Boujou has that option someware..