Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 10-12-2003 , 08:29 AM

Blend shape and polygons

Hi people,

constructed my first single surface polygon model. It's very detailed in the face region (a LOT of CV's). Is there a clever way to get a simpler version for using with blend shapes without having to change the original version??

Secondly can I somehow detach only the head so I won’t have to do my blend shapes on a copy of the entire body (I'll need several)?

Tia

All the best

HB

Ps. attached a little pic of the guy

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 10-12-2003 , 08:50 AM
Subscriber
Hi. yes. just select your model (object), the wire should be highlighted now.. and Edit > Duplicate. You might want to reset the settings on the duplicate before you do that also. now before you do anything right after you duplicate. pick your move tool and move the duplicate aside so you can work on it..
To work on only the face for your blind shapes.. you can change the it to face's and select all the lower faces, like below the neck. Press delete and you have something cool to work with.. and your original is just fine.
Now you can make even more duplicates of this one and put them off to the side for all your different expressions..

that explain it ? just let me know if I didn't make something clear.

Ps ( wispers, its Vertix’s not CV’s on polygons..)

# 3 10-12-2003 , 04:29 PM
If its not to dence or bond yetcovert to sub-ds for making you blendshapes, then convert back to polys once done.

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb