Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 19-12-2003 , 01:22 PM

Tracking dilemmas

As you know, tracking camera movement or an object from live action footage with Maya Live is relatively simple. But here's couple of cases which are not so simple. How would you go about:

- tracking an object from a footage where the camera is not static (i.e. the camera and the object both moves)?
- tracking multiple objects in a same shot?
- a combination of the both above

I have the feeling that the situations above are related to the same fundamental problem: You can track only one thing per scene?!? Tracking them separately in their own scene files might be some sort of a solution but how could one ensure the solver ends up with same cam settings and whatnot each time?

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

Do a lot, Fail a lot and Learn a lot!
# 2 19-12-2003 , 11:47 PM
Dam dude, I never used Live, but Maybe Brian E. could help out with this one as he does tracking at his work?

Have you acess to Bayou?

My first gut instinct would be to stabalize the camera shake first.
Then track the object(s).

Then, get that data into Maya for your plate animation.

Then comp together in post? hmmmm...

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 3 20-12-2003 , 03:05 PM
Bayou? If you mean Boujou, then no I don't have access to it... Isn't it like $10,000 or something :/

I wasn't quite talking about camera shake. I meant like if the camera was dollied while shooting a moving object. Anyway, I'll just propably try some of these cases and see if it can be done somehow...

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

# 4 20-12-2003 , 09:21 PM
Sry manuser added image

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 5 20-12-2003 , 09:34 PM
Null perspiration, ragey user added image

Just posted these questions here in hope of saving some trial-and-error time user added image

Kari
- My Website
- My IMDB

# 6 21-12-2003 , 01:45 AM
Subscriber
not that I have but I would think for things like this you would have to take passes at it.. first track the cam movemnt.. and thin the object.. I don't know but buy the quesiton it would seem Maya is not set up to track a object in a moving sean. So maybe you could bake the camara movement as a animation in the first pass.. and the second pass track the object.. but you might have to write like a custom mel to intrapilate the difrence.

Hope I made a little sence in my idea..

# 7 23-12-2003 , 04:44 AM
This is what softwares like Boujou and MatchMover where made to do. Hand tracking it in Maya live is a b**ch.

They are both very pricey though.