Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 76 16-06-2004 , 12:49 AM
i think the color of horns need to be changed. A darker one'ld suit.

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
# 77 16-06-2004 , 12:31 PM
Subscriber
It's work like this that makes me wanna join next month's competition... Then maybe I can get myself together and actually finish somehing for once! user added image

Liter is French for 'Gimme some ****ing cola before I break vous ****ing lips!"
# 78 16-06-2004 , 12:56 PM
The Maya Mountain
Looking very cool. For the horns, you might want to texture them as being darker toward the skull and blending to a lighter color toward the tip, as well as ridges and the like.

# 79 16-06-2004 , 01:23 PM
Subscriber
The tatoo idea is good but how can you tatoo something coverred with fur? I think you should change the texture of the tatoo to make them burn mark. It would also help him to look meaner.

Good luck!

# 80 16-06-2004 , 02:10 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by Mantat
The tatoo idea is good but how can you tatoo something coverred with fur? I think you should change the texture of the tatoo to make them burn mark. It would also help him to look meaner.

Definely! That would look SOO sweet! user added image

# 81 16-06-2004 , 04:11 PM
Subscriber
cheers guys...

mayaguy - see above post to yours user added image the horn texturing ain't really started yet - it will def be darker - cheers

blomkaal - yeah these comps are fun and they definitely spur you on to finish (not that I always finish tho user added image )

Mike - I get where you are coming from will have a go at the texturing tonight - see what I come up with.

Mantat - yeah I was trying to acheive that sort of effect - there is asmall amount of bump which should create an indentation effect - like a branding/burn but not sure about the actual colouring of a burn/brand - will investigate further user added image

once again ta for all comments

cheers

Rich
# 82 16-06-2004 , 06:29 PM
Subscriber
here's a basic horn texture - just a bit of a gradient then a couple of filters from photshop - just a base - will change before then end

commentas/crits welcome

Attached Thumbnails

cheers

Rich
# 83 16-06-2004 , 06:40 PM
The Maya Mountain

# 84 16-06-2004 , 09:32 PM
Subscriber
cheers mike - I tried the ridges going down the length of the horns I prefer the radial ones - but here is a pic with both dark at beginning and end - which do you think looks best (given that the textures aren't the best just yet....... I haven't made my mind up yet user added image

Attached Thumbnails

cheers

Rich
# 85 16-06-2004 , 11:44 PM
Subscriber
here's the start of another wristband thing - this is more of a protective thing

comments/crits welcome

Attached Thumbnails

cheers

Rich
# 86 17-06-2004 , 02:14 AM
Subscriber
dark at the base is def better...when its at the end i tend to focus on that and not his face...

# 87 17-06-2004 , 07:12 AM
Subscriber
Yes dark at the end! Cool looking rist band thingy also, good work. Hope to see this finished soon user added image

Watch Space Wars at www.3dden.co.uk now!

My pin number is XXXX
# 88 17-06-2004 , 04:08 PM
hi can u tell me how u have done the texturing-matetrials on the horns?WOuld be pleased to learn it...and can u tell me where u have zur texturing skills from?this is going very well!!!

thx bye

# 89 17-06-2004 , 06:16 PM
Subscriber
The recess (sp?) in the horns seem a little too deep. As for color, I dont like the black much. It kinda remove the texture from the horn but I have no idea how to fix this...

Now about the new wristband: its great! Are you going to make a breastplate in the same material or go for leather armor?

Keep going, its going to look great!

# 90 17-06-2004 , 07:59 PM
Subscriber
Rubberkidney - yeah I will go with dark at the base - cheers

rubberchicken - did you mean dark closest to the head?

Dragonhawk - the texture on the horns is basically done in photoshop - a gradient from dark brown to light brown, then a couple of filters added to get the ridged look - one being the texturizer (canvas) - my texturing skills user added image if I have any it's thanks to this place - download the texturing tutorials - you will learn lots from them!! user added image

Mantat - do you mean the dark little dark depressions? it's just a bump so I can change that easily enough - the dark texture - yeah I darkened it too much - it's easy enough to change as well so I will. Will be making a breastplate - probably a similar material - with leather around hopefully - cheers for you comments

cheers

Rich