Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 31 14-01-2005 , 09:49 PM
I have yet to beat Half-Life 2 yet (because I just got it), but it is amazing. I plugged it in and was simply amazed. I wasn't a big fan of the original and grew bored with it about two levels in. However, HL2 is amazing. The level of detail is spectacular and I love how they incorporate fun little puzzles into it, assuming the gamer is at least half-way intelligent. A lot of people try to rip on it, but they are just jealous that it is the best game out right now (yes, I think it's even better then Halo 2user added image ). Also, they included Counter-Strike: Source for free! I'm a veteran CS gamer and didn't know how they could top theirselves, but they did. I have yet to play the Half-Life 2 Deathmatch, but it looks awesome. The physics are amazing, as well as the graphics, and gameplay. Some people complain about the AI in the game, but it really is pretty good. I mean, every game has a few moments, but it's still extremely enjoyable. If you don't have it, buy it. I would rate ita 9.8/10

# 32 20-01-2005 , 02:10 AM
Subscriber
Ive just compleated HL2..little disapointed withe the plot but apart from that I cant mock it...the game was brilliant the facial expression was amazing you got a real feel for what the people in the game were feeling just by there looks..however the lack of charecters did make it feel boxed in. but still gets my vote.....

Animation....the greatest form of expression
# 33 24-01-2005 , 08:04 PM
Subscriber
I think HL2 is one of the best games to hit the market in awhile. Everything in the game is incredible and from my point of view it was worth the 6 years. However, Steam is the worst thing to hit the market period. I started playing couter strike (the HL1 mod) at about version 1.2 then moved into HL and all the other expansions. When V1.6 for Counter Strike came out (which was released via steam) chaos happened. The clan i was ap art of for a number of years had to break up because half of them couldnt run stem. The security is a joke, and load times are horrible. On top of all that, it will randomly crash at times. Steam aside...HL2 is and will be a great game for a long time.

# 34 24-01-2005 , 09:50 PM
and now we are (still) at it...

Vampire:Bloodlines
its powered by HL2 engine (but you wouldnt say so) but what it lacks in eyecandy and polish it more than makes up by the addiction and the story so far.

(Make no mistake those are the kind of "kids you cant look at this unless its on the tv news"storys and adults beware unless youre really hard to offend by really f+uked up stories)