Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 31 03-02-2005 , 03:08 AM
Subscriber
gohan1842, thanks. Yeah its in low poly now. smoothed once for render.

blomkaal, yep, I agree. Still needs lots of tweeking on face. Its the hardest part for me still. But the geo needed to be replaced so I'm trying a difrent aproch.

Element_Khaos, yep thanks for the notes, will keep in mind. Might save the face tweeks for last though.

M, HEY there.. fancy seeing you around. Yeah you have seen it befor. Its somewhere up in the top post where I said it was from the first challange I was in. I desided to redo it and make ti better. finaly finish it. and thanks.

I got sick last couple of days, thats the reson for the slow down. Also might be a week befor a lot comes out. Need to do some aditional requested work to go along with some envirments I did freelance.

# 32 03-02-2005 , 05:13 PM
Subscriber
Cool idea to post an ancient project and revamp it. You've even added some of the beginners mistakes that I recognize far too well and discussing around them. That's cool and takes guts m8.

I agree with all the previous speakers on the nice things, the attention to detail and the design etc.

Unsorted thoughts below:
One thing that came to mind tho was her breasts. As much as I love them .) they might be too soft and volumus to sell her as a robot. Maybe they're too human? Maybe I think more of android with the anatomically correct representation? I dunno. Keep at it though before taking any of these ramblings into account. I don't know where you're taking her yet so user added image Just some thoughts.

Keep up the great work.

Currently working on reclaiming Space
The Salvation Prophecy
# 33 03-02-2005 , 05:22 PM
Subscriber
Hey pony,

The more i look at this I'm thinking the face isn't exactly woman like. It looks too sharp to be female, then again theres no hair on it or anything to distinguish. Maybe bigger eyes? I don't know, im not into human anatomy.

You designing a woman robot reminds me of ghost in the shell user added image, awesome movie

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 34 03-02-2005 , 06:58 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Pony

Dude, dunno how Ive missed this one, apologies man!!

Yeah nice job so far, only crit is just soften the face a bit, unless thats the look you're after then no worries. Nice detailing too.

regards
_J