Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 241 19-04-2005 , 10:55 AM
Subscriber
lol, supertrooper, 1.5 months ago,i got maya 6.0 from my uncle, and have been usin it til this dayuser added image

Aim:Nshad BB Court
msn:nothinbutchains@hotmail.com
# 242 19-04-2005 , 11:47 AM
Subscriber
What sort of hours have you been putting in?

Well done BTW

Cheers
Paul

# 243 19-04-2005 , 07:30 PM
Subscriber
maybe about 15 hours a week of work til this day

# 244 19-04-2005 , 08:28 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by metallicjet66
lol, supertrooper, 1.5 months ago,i got maya 6.0 from my uncle, and have been usin it til this dayuser added image

there is a search button on this forum you know.
and didnt u use lw or something..

# 245 19-04-2005 , 09:20 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by metallicjet66

This may sound like a silly question, but if only got Maya 1.5 months ago, what made you join SimplyMaya Sep 2004?

Cheers
Paul

# 246 19-04-2005 , 09:32 PM
LOL BURN!!!

# 247 19-04-2005 , 09:53 PM
Subscriber
cuz, thats the day i went over to my uncle's house and found that he had maya, so i tried it, and i liked it right away, so he told me that he'll give it to me on my birthday(hint hint, one/half month ago) so i went ahead and signed on any site that has to do with maya right away, if u guys ever noticed, i never posted til i got this program

# 248 19-04-2005 , 10:59 PM
Subscriber
Irrespective you're making one hell of a model that you should be very proud of . . well done so far.

Cheers
Paul

# 249 19-04-2005 , 11:14 PM

Originally posted by miss piggy
LOL BURN!!!

ROFL.

Originally posted by
vladimirjp

there is a search button on this forum you know.
and didnt u use lw or something..

Yeah, like vladimirjp said, you've posted it several times.

# 250 19-04-2005 , 11:59 PM
Subscriber
never used Lightwave, only post there, cuz i talk with colto, and only reason is cuz of the competition for march/april(DUH) so i can see whats he up to, so i know what i need to do to try to keep up

# 251 20-04-2005 , 01:18 AM
Do I smell jealousy over here in maya? from the few posts ive read, it seems you guys are attacking metallicjets 1.5 month expierence? (correct me if im wrong, and if im wrong im an ass) In my personal opinion Maya is built like a childs toy, simple and easy (No offence) yet powerful. I started with Lightwave a year ago and im still learning it in and out (very complex piling if you ask me and I love it to death) Now I belive if I would have started with Maya I would have progressed faster (MB not as fast as Metallicjet) ....... I had this huge reason why I belive metallicjet and the differences between the two programs and learning parts
but while sitting here watching South Park it slipped my mind so with this last note I say! "If the Glove did not fit you must aquit."

# 252 20-04-2005 , 10:58 AM
Subscriber
lol, u can ask mchannon or funky bunnies, i really did have this for a month and whatever, and also, y do u guys care so much about it, man, should have ever mentioned that...

# 253 20-04-2005 , 04:38 PM
Subscriber
First of I just want to say Great model I am impressed.

The only thing that I have to critique is I think that it needs some hydrolics where the legs joints are. with there positioon way in the back like that it would take an incredible amount of energy and torque to even move that thing and that wasted energy could be much better dispersed if you were to put some hydrolics there to move the legs up and down. just my two pennies. awesome renderings

"So the Doctor Sais I wouldn't have so many nose bleeds if I kept my finger out of there."
~Ralph Wiggum
# 254 20-04-2005 , 08:38 PM
Hey Metal!
I have been watching your thread closely (as you know) and you have done really well. I am guessing that for the last little while you have lived and breathed Maya huh? Sitting there in class trying to figure out the coolest way to do something. You can see improvement thru the thread alone which is waaay cool. Keep up the good work and enjoy your obvious growing talent for Maya.
Cheers

<font size=3 face=arial color=blue>S U R F E R M C D </font><br>
<font size=2 face=arial color=blue>www.winteractiv.com</font>
# 255 21-04-2005 , 12:31 AM

Originally posted by Krull
Do I smell jealousy over here in maya? from the few posts ive read, it seems you guys are attacking metallicjets 1.5 month expierence? (correct me if im wrong, and if im wrong im an ass) In my personal opinion Maya is built like a childs toy, simple and easy (No offence) yet powerful. I started with Lightwave a year ago and im still learning it in and out (very complex piling if you ask me and I love it to death) Now I belive if I would have started with Maya I would have progressed faster (MB not as fast as Metallicjet) ....... I had this huge reason why I belive metallicjet and the differences between the two programs and learning parts
but while sitting here watching South Park it slipped my mind so with this last note I say! "If the Glove did not fit you must aquit."

No, there's no jealousy. I think it's just think it's funny since he's been using it since September 2004 = 1.5 months? Anyways, I'm done talking about it now as it's going nowhere. The model looks nice, metallic. Keep up the good work.

Now, I wouldn't say Maya is any easier then any other 3d program, it's more of just a personal preference.