Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 16 20-09-2005 , 07:17 PM
hi technel, glad you got the first problem sorted and cheers on the comment too user added image

1) can't quite make out the first problem, if I get 2 mins I'll have a look

2) you can simply delete the edge. Make sure you use edit polygons - > delete edge as this removes any spare vertices (none in this case though). If you just pressed delete then it could leave vertices about and probably cause problems later on. Have a look at how you create a custom shelf and add the delete edge tool to it as you might use it a lot in the future - it also saves going to edit polygons etc...

3) I've not tried proxy modelling yet so cant help on that one user added image

Examples of bTraffic - a traffic animation tool for Maya
bFlocking - a tool for Maya 8.5+ to generate flocking and swarming behaviours
Jan/Feb Challenge 2007 Entry and W.I.P
May/Jun Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Mar/Apr Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Jan/Feb Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Nov/Dec Challenge 2005 Entry and W.I.P
Sep/Oct Challenge 2005 Entry and W.I.P
Jul/Aug Challenge 2005 Entry
www.flash-fx.net
# 17 25-09-2005 , 01:17 AM
Did you ever get a chance to look at the file? I also bought a beginners book for Maya to give me a better intro user added image