Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 16 12-02-2006 , 09:33 PM
Great work Mat! Your car looks excellent.

user added image

# 17 06-05-2006 , 08:58 PM
Subscriber
I have 2 questions for you. How did you get the white background in there? did you do it in photoshop or did you render it that way? also, in 3dsMax, you can render images as backgrounds into your renders just like you did with the 1st pic so it looks like the car is in that images. Did you do that in photoshop as well or was that rendered that way and if so, how did you do it because I want to render my car I made into a picture of my yard. Thanks

Lamborghini Mucielago

Ferrari Modena 360

I create feeling in others that they themseleves don’t understand.
# 18 07-05-2006 , 07:05 AM
Subscriber
Hey there eric,

cheers for asking.

The background image in the first picture is just the HDRI I used to light the scene (I think there was one other spot light in the scene too), you set that up under the Image Based Lighting tab in the Mentalray render settings. Using photoshop I put the shadow in using the alpha channel of a shadow pass render I did on the scene when the ground plane was visible.

There's a free piece of software called HDR Shop that could be useful to you if you want to make your own HDRI images.

The white backgrounds were done in a very similar way, one render with image based lighting (no background) and a second render using final gather under a white dome. I put the 2 images together in photoshop again.

I hope that helps you a bit,

cheers,

Mat.

# 19 07-05-2006 , 11:58 AM
Subscriber
thanks I appreciate it. It looks very nice, I hope to see some more vehicles from you

Lamborghini Mucielago

Ferrari Modena 360

I create feeling in others that they themseleves don’t understand.
# 20 07-05-2006 , 03:17 PM
Looks nice but the lightning of the car doesn't fit into the environment.