Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 16 23-01-2007 , 08:51 AM
Subscriber
Right, here's where I am ; just the basic shape so far. I bevelled the bottom edge to create 2 edges and created the cockpit shape by splitting polygons in the appropriate shape and raising the two middle faces.
user added image
It's basically just doing what the guy on the tutorial is, but translating it to Maya. Thanks to everyone who's been helping!

# 17 23-01-2007 , 10:08 AM
Subscriber
Engines! Or at least, the base upon which they will be built user added image

user added image

Last edited by ZeroAlarm; 23-01-2007 at 10:57 AM.
# 18 23-01-2007 , 10:57 AM
Subscriber
Now we have some wings user added image Hooray for aerodynamics!
user added image

# 19 23-01-2007 , 01:13 PM
Subscriber
A bit more of the engine and wing done. The next update will probably be the finished product user added image
user added image

# 20 25-01-2007 , 06:26 AM
Subscriber
Hey guys, I've just finished this project user added image
Sorry for the lack of updates, but people weren't commenting so I took the time to get it finished instead of writing comments.
You can view the finished product here

# 21 25-01-2007 , 06:28 AM
Subscriber
Scratch that: I've uploaded it onto photobucket, so here it is:

user added image

If any of you guys have a DeviantART profile anyway, feel free to add me to your friends list user added image

# 22 28-01-2007 , 08:40 PM

Originally posted by ZeroAlarm
Dave: Sorry about that! I didn't want to make it any smaller otherwise the highlighted edges wouldn't have shown up. I'll keep it at a smaller size for the rest of them though. Thanks for the warning [/B]

Okay, then how about cropping it? Don't need to see your entire screen if all you want to show is that little area in the center. user added image

Dave Baer
Professor of Digital Arts
Digital Media Arts College
Boca Raton, Florida
dbaer@dmac.edu