The goal is to take one (or more) of the provided models and texture AND light them to the best of your ability. They can be textured as if for games or using all the Sub-Surface-Scattering-bells-and-whistles your heart desires!
1) This is a texturing and lighting challenge, so SOME kind of texturing must be done. Your textures are not limited, but if you'd like to go for game type work, feel free to limit yourself accordingly.
2) The models provided are BASE models. That means you are free to modify them if you wish. Some of the character models provided don't have eyes, for example. Feel free to add them. Also, several of them have some sort of UVs applied. Feel free to modify and edit them to suit your own needs.
3) The deadline is June 4th!
4) All work must be done by the artist submitting. You may submit one entry per model. So if you want to texture each and every model provided, you are free to do so and submit an entry for each one. Only one submission per model worked on though.
5) This one's important. If any of you decide that you really like the work you've done and want to include it in your portfolio, I must be credited for supplying the base model
! This is just common courtesy and should be done even if the base models are heavily modified.
I can be credited as Michael McKinley and you can link my name to my website (link in my sig).
6) There's no limit as to what software you can use to create your textures. From Photoshop to MS Paint, they're all applicable.
7) A finals thread will be created toward the end of the challenge. Finals should be posted there, with screens/renders of the final result along with a (watermarked if desired) image of the textures created.
If you have any questions, ask them here. Keep a look out for any addendums or additions to the guidelines as issues are brought up and answered.
Prize to be determined.