Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 20-12-2009 , 03:22 AM

Wacom Tablet and Maya

I am trying to adapt my Wacom Intuos 3 tablet to its use with Maya.
It sort of works via programing the switches on the side of the Wacom to the Option key, a Right click and a Shift modifier key. It does not work well however.
Has anyone done this? I have a three button Logitech mouse and use a Mac but I like the feel of the tablet and the pen is easier to use with tendonitis.

Thoughts?

Steve
# 2 20-12-2009 , 04:32 AM
Technical Director
I use my tablet for everything in Maya, however I don't use the shortcut keys. I map the pen down click to left click, the forward finger button to middle, and the back to right click. Works like a charm. I find the shortcut keys to be a nusense, and therefore turned them off (especially the zoom one)

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 3 20-12-2009 , 07:37 AM
EduSciVis-er
I have been trying to use my rather small Wacom with Mudbox and Maya and I've been having a hard time finding a comfortable way to press and hold each button while stroking with the stylus. Thumb, forefinger? Both seem awkward to me.