Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 21-12-2009 , 06:22 AM
Head of 3d Admedia

dualBoot

hi all
i had installed xp64bit on my pc and finally got windows 7 so i installed windows on a separate partition.Now here comes the problem i cant access my xp64bit anymore when i boot it just goes straight to windows 7. is there a way i can access my xp or im i screwed

# 2 21-12-2009 , 06:48 AM
EduSciVis-er
I don't think you're screwed. It has to do with how windows writes the MBR (master boot record) on installation. If you install Linux and Windows as dual boot, Linux will install a boot loader that will let you choose which partition to boot to as it loads.

Windows doesn't install a boot loader by default I don't think. I realize that doesn't help you directly... do you have the partitions on different drives? If so, could you try to remove the second one and see if it boots back to xp? Hopefully someone else can be more helpful than I am, but don't give up hope yet! I've thought I'd screwed myself over several times when messing with dual boot systems, but I always managed to get back to my original OS.

# 3 24-12-2009 , 11:14 AM
Head of 3d Admedia
ok so i installed some old games that i have i dont have a great graphics card(ati radeon hd4830) so i usually play games on 1024 by 768 with everything on max to get my 60frame rate mark on a 26inch monitor it used to be full screen on xp 64bit but now it only covers the middle part of the screen .this only happens when i play dx9 games

ok cant seem to get a screen grab so let me make a quick image the white is where the game displays

hope im making my self clear

Attached Thumbnails
# 4 24-12-2009 , 07:44 PM
Super Moderator

Re: dualBoot

Originally posted by murambi
hi all
i had installed xp64bit on my pc and finally got windows 7 so i installed windows on a separate partition.Now here comes the problem i cant access my xp64bit anymore when i boot it just goes straight to windows 7. is there a way i can access my xp or im i screwed

Well you should be able to change the boot settings. Control Panel> System> Advanced Systems settings >Advanced tab> Startup and recovery settings and you can change the default OS and even the amount of time you have to choose.

- Genny
# 5 25-12-2009 , 06:52 PM
Head of 3d Admedia
hey genny i can only see one os on the options

Attached Thumbnails
# 6 26-12-2009 , 05:58 PM
Super Moderator

- Genny
# 7 27-12-2009 , 09:15 PM
Head of 3d Admedia
well i think im screwed