Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 22-02-2010 , 03:24 PM

Panel Layout Questions

I've got a 1080p monitor and created a custom layout "big perp 4-way" so that there's a big perspective panel on the left and three panels on top of each other to the right for top/front/side views, all of equal sizes. So far so good.

First question... this may be a bugette... Every time I pop open the Channel box, the three orthographic views change size. The height of each gets mangled up so the boxes aren't equal heights anymore. How can I stop this happening?

Second Question.. How can I make this layout the default when opening up Maya? Even better, can I change the default "4-pane arrangement" so that there a big perspective view on the left and the three orths above each other on the right?

Lastly, if I can't change the default "4-pane arrangement", is there a way of permanently adding my customised 'big persp 4-way" to the "Preset Window Layout" toolbox on the left?

# 2 22-02-2010 , 06:47 PM
Super Moderator
1. Never had that happen so I'm stumped.

2. Windos>Settings and Preferences> Preferences and see image.
user added image

3. If you customized the default "four view" to whatever you wanted instead of making one from scratch, then the icon is already in the toolbar for you I should think.

- Genny