Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 15-11-2010 , 08:59 PM
Administrator

Penguins

Maybe someone's posted this up in the past but I came across this a few months ago when I was searching for penguin references

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dfWzp7rYR4

I love penguins and every time I watch this clip it makes me happy so I wanted to share it. It was an april fool's joke on the bbc a couple of years ago, and when I first saw it I said to David "Come and have a look at this, it can't be true they've found flying penguins surely..?" at which of course he shook is head and grunted something.user added image The compositing is really good, this video gives you an insight into how they did it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzhDsojoqk8&NR=1

# 2 15-11-2010 , 09:51 PM
The thin red line
I must admit I like penguins to but I could not eat a whole one.........LOL......dave

And yes I am English

# 3 15-11-2010 , 10:41 PM
EduSciVis-er
Haha, nice, that made me smile too. Love Terry Jones... well all Python really, but nice to know he's still making people laugh.

# 4 15-11-2010 , 10:41 PM
Administrator
Dave, you sound just like David...tsss, what to do with the brits?user added image

I'm swedish and a while back a friend of mine gave me something he found highly amusing, an insight guide book to the swedes. On the first page was a map of sweden from hundreds of years ago when we used to be a bit more of a superpower than today and it had sweden dotted all over northern europe and below it was written:

"We thrive on the memory of our glorious past"

I think the same thing applies to the english, only you remembered to bring the funny. We're known as the germans of scandinavia amongst our fellow scandinavians and there's a good reason for ituser added image

# 5 16-11-2010 , 04:32 AM
Lifetime Member
I dunno dave.....I reckon stuffed with rice/chilli and in a marinade....on the BBQ with a cold brew...hhmmm I reckon I could handle at least 2...then belch...then maybe one more before diving into the pool...and the ones you dont eat could get you a cold beer from the esky eh?? little doormen...keep the neighbours kids outta the pool...bahahahaha

Yes good clip Nilla...very nicely done.

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes