Simply Maya - Chain by Duplication Along a Path on Vimeo
This week we take a look at how you can use Maya’s animation tools in modeling to create a chain, a very useful technique which can save you a lot of time. You’ll learn how to create an individual chain link and a motion path with the CV curve tool, then use Maya’s attach to motion path and create animation snapshot options to duplicate the link along the path with twist to get a realistic looking chain.
- Motion Path with CV Curve Tool
- Curve Parametrization & Rebuilding Curves
- Animation Tools in Modeling
- Attach Objects to Motion Path
- Duplication & Twist at Individual Key Frames
- Animation Snapshot Options
Try this one it's a handy tip that might just save you a lot of time.
Thanks to Rick (ctbram) for creating the tutorial,
Worst Response To A Crisis:
From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"