Subscriber

Oh no - what have they done to Spiderman

Sam - I think I can now forgive you for number 3 now looking at this image

user added image

My god that suit looks rubbish.

As I life long spiderman fan this is a very bad day

# 2 09-02-2011 , 08:05 PM
Super Moderator
Please tell me this is a prank...Are they serious?

- Genny
# 3 09-02-2011 , 08:24 PM
Subscriber
nope 100% real

# 4 09-02-2011 , 08:33 PM
Super Moderator

nope 100% real

That's just sad. I don't understand why though. Didn't the previous movies do well enough for this not to happen?

- Genny
# 5 09-02-2011 , 09:19 PM
Subscriber
they had plans for 5 - but fan reaction to 3 scared them too much - think sony really want Venom back

# 6 10-02-2011 , 01:17 AM
Head of 3d Admedia
oh crap that looks really really terrible and spiderman 3 sucked

# 7 15-02-2011 , 09:47 AM
Subscriber
Oh no there`s more - image release with the new name for the film "The Amazing Spider-Man." - oooh shocker there... still not loving the suit.

user added image

# 8 15-02-2011 , 10:55 AM
Lifetime Member
That is absolute rubbish for a suit man.........it looks like something made by kids in a primary school! oh dear...hessian?

Hessian bags, hessian bags, my suit is made of hessian bags.. no the stitch isnt right, I look a tool am I right? here comes a hessain bag

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 9 15-02-2011 , 11:37 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Gotta disagree.

The suit looks fine, people hate change. Its not Raimis Spiderman anyway its Marvels so they can basically do whatever the f*** they want with it.

give a chance its a press release not the movie. And it will be better than Spidey 3 for sure, hell I hope its better than the others, theres only so much Tobey Maguire I can take, he sounds like Elmer Fudd LOL be 'verwy verwy quiet...Im hunting gween goblin!!'

Jay

# 10 15-02-2011 , 11:55 AM
Lifetime Member
LOL well the suit has one fan......I will agree on Toby Jay....eeerrrrrkkkkk...at least my kids will like it...they love Spiderman no matter what LOL.

Dunno about the change thing...not for me...I have a wife and its part of my male training apparently....and Im usually informed 'You will like it!' sigh.

While we on the subject..any Green Lantern titbits?

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 11 15-02-2011 , 01:50 PM
Subscriber
I have no problems with them trying to change the suit a little but thats just as bumb looking as Blankers set up in "street fighter" the live action movie.

There have been many different takes on the suit, most are all right (see "Shattered Dimensions" for perfect examples of many a fine spidy costume)- but please god shot down the guy who came up with that eye saw - Its like someone putting yellow go faster strips on batman.

I had little love for the other 3 movies but at least spidy looked cool - the acting was just "missing in action" with the 3 main characters (Doc Oc and JJ were spot on and even Eddy Brock was cool - shame about vemon), and I was never a fan of the lack of web shooters - glad they are back

As a fan of spidy for over 30 years now - feeling let down. Oh and this is not marvels Spidy - its Sonys - Marvel wanted him back but sony said no - have punisher back

Last edited by tweetytunes; 15-02-2011 at 01:52 PM.
# 12 15-02-2011 , 03:45 PM
Super Moderator

Dunno about the change thing...not for me...I have a wife and its part of my male training apparently....

That made me chuckle quite a bit.

I have no problems with them trying to change the suit a little but thats just as bumb looking as Blankers set up in "street fighter" the live action movie....

Whoa Whoa, Tweety, I'm not loving the new suit but I don't think it warrented a Street Fighter movie reference lol. Everything about that movie was just horrible.user added image

- Genny
# 13 17-02-2011 , 02:04 AM
Subscriber
What exactly is wrong with the suit?
Being completely uneducated/uninterested in comic books id say the suit is fine to me. More of a classic comic style than the whole gritty thing that seems to be going on with comic movies these days.
Then again, my favorite movie is the Original Batman with Adam West so... yeahhh...

"If Less is more then think how much more more would be..."

Winner June 2009 Spaceship Challenge
# 14 17-02-2011 , 08:09 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Some Guy

LOL thats a great movie - 'quick get me the shark repellent spray Robin!!' quality campness!!

Tweety

LOL - Yellow go fast stripes on the Batman LOL I like it, I see your point but there isnt anything on the suit that stands out that blatantly to horrify anyone or compare with street fighter like Gen said - no no LOL

Who is directing this one now anyway?

Bullet, mmm the Green Lantern, ahh that can wait for the dvd in the bargain bucket at the supermarket - that looks terrible man, my CG supervisor quit that one just after they started it in London, he said he was glad, but he did praise the concept art for it so.....its not all bad.

Im just waiting for the Dark Knight Rises and Riddick 3-Dead man Stalking.....

cheers
Jay

# 15 17-02-2011 , 08:25 AM
Lifetime Member
bahahah Gen glad you liked it...sigh...it is true though...nothing better than coming home to a house re arranged...but as a male you have the house co-ordinates firmly embedded..unfortunately you forget those points have changed..then the midnight raid on the fridge becomes a nightmare as you forgot she moved the coffee table..which happens to be shin height..and as you are a skilled nightwalker you dont see the need for lights..hence the trip...LOL

Aaaaaaawwwwwww Jay that sucks...I was looking forward to it...I love the Green Lantern...

Riddick!!!! oh now you have my undivided attention Jay...oh yeh...the first one was crap..the second was much better if not confusing but still cool...and I have much BRO LOVE for Vin Diesel man...he oozes action man.....not to mention that damn fine voice he has...I reckon he would make a good Darth Vader....adult style...blood and guts etc

cheers bullet

bullet1968