Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 10-02-2011 , 05:49 PM

Add CV using CV Curve tool

Hi guys,

I'm using the CV curve tool in Maya 10 and have missed off a couple of points and was wondering if anyone knew how to add more once the curve is finished because its taken me quite a while so far and i dont fancy starting again.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Ben

# 2 10-02-2011 , 11:47 PM
Depending on exactly what you're wanting to do, you might be looking for the "Add Points Tool" under the 'Edit Curves' Menu. Just select the curve you want to add more points to, then click the Add Points Tool and you should be able to continue adding more points to the curve.

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 3 10-02-2011 , 11:54 PM
Just in case you're not wanting to extend the curve and you just want to add more points, you can select the curve, right click and select 'Curve Point'. Then hold down the shift button while adding points. Once you've added all the points you want to add, go up to the edit curve menu and select 'Insert Knot'.

Don't be satisfied with what you can do but rather strive to do the things you can't do!
Exceed Expectations!
# 4 11-02-2011 , 05:57 AM
You can also right click on the curve and select edit points. Then shift click the curve to add all the knots where you want them. Then from the edit curves menu select insert knots. Just a suggestion though after adding knots you might want to rebuild the curve as its parameterization may no longer be uniform after knot insertion.

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675