Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 21-02-2011 , 12:38 PM
Subscriber

Time lapse lighting

I'm currently doing a time lapse project for my university course. It's basically just a simple sunrise to sunset time lapse of an interior of a temple with light beams, volume fog etc. I was just wondering what would be the best way to do it? I've had a search of the internet and everything seems to pointing towards adding the time lapse in post. I've never done anything like this before so I was hoping someone could tell me where would be best to start? Would animating lights with intensity maps to simulate light beams work?

Thanks.

# 2 21-02-2011 , 05:13 PM
The Nurb Herd
is it just over one day?
i guess you could animate the light (your sun) moving through the day. over maybe 1000 frames. then render on 2s or 4s. (type 1-1000x2 or 1-1000x4 in the frame list in your render settings) this will render every second or fourth frame. you could change this to get the look you want. i guess over 24hrs you would take a photo every 30 mins maybe, so work out how many frames you need for that.

after that in nuke set the read node to "nearest frame".

# 3 02-03-2011 , 08:14 PM
Subscriber
Sorry about the rediculously delayed reply. Thanks for the help it worked really well =]

# 4 02-03-2011 , 09:34 PM
The Nurb Herd
cool, glad i could help... but, no link to see the final result? user added image

# 5 03-03-2011 , 10:43 AM
Subscriber
It's not completely finished yet. I'll post it up when it's ready =] Thanks again for the help