Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 16 23-02-2003 , 10:21 PM
Subscriber
LOL... user added image

I know that feeling... I'm married and have 2 kids... user added image

regards

Strarup

# 17 24-02-2003 , 12:12 AM
Hey now, I have a GF to. user added image I usually get most of my work done between 2 am and seven am. Between Friday and Sat. I have gotten 4 hrs of sleep total. user added image Fun... no not really, but its what I have to do to get this done this week. THanks,
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 18 24-02-2003 , 04:52 AM
oy, girlfriends, we're so much trouble. user added image lol. I think your work is great Brian, keep it up.

Lauren

# 19 24-02-2003 , 09:07 AM
Subscriber
Hi Brian,

I'm sorry, it wasn't because I wanted to make fun of you, I think it is a great piece of work... user added image

it is something I wish I can make in the near future... user added image

btw. are you finish with the intro to your demoreel from the other tread?

it is because I had some ideas, but they are proberly not to any use if you already have finished it... but if you haven't finished it yet, and want to hear the ideas I will post them... but be aware of some bad drawed scetches to visualize the written word... user added image

regards

Strarup

# 20 24-02-2003 , 12:15 PM
Subscriber
omg kicking ass brian user added image

Thanks for wasting your time reading this line.
# 21 24-02-2003 , 01:17 PM
I am not finnished yet! Go ahead, I would love to hear your ideas, as of right now I have zoomed in to the too of the arch, and it is tracked, so I have the text Falling in front of the arch, but its not final. What are your ideas??

Please check
My (old) website!
# 22 24-02-2003 , 02:55 PM
Finally here is a very short avi, Much better if you have sound. I really really decreased the quality because I wanted to make it as small as possible, so I am sorry about the quality. PLease let me know what you think! Thanks,
Brian

BTW like allways, you are the first to see this user added image

Please check
My (old) website!
# 23 24-02-2003 , 03:49 PM
Subscriber
Hi Brian,

what quality problem... user added image

man it is looking great even you said that you have decreased the quality... user added image

btw. I'm working on a little "storyboard" to the idea... hopefully I will have it finished very very soon... user added image

regards

Strarup

# 24 25-02-2003 , 03:17 AM
top gun all the way!!! teeh dee daah dada da duhh dumm

# 25 25-02-2003 , 04:16 AM
Subscriber
Love the render Brian.. and love the noise added to give it that photorealistic effect user added image. Awesome stuff, awesome textures, awesome everything. The model may be a bit simple.. but how you have finished those renders is awesome.

BTW.. that downloaded in less than 10 seconds.. if you have it with a bigger filesize.. and bandwidth doesnt matter on your end, then i would love to see it at top quality user added image.

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com

Last edited by M; 25-02-2003 at 04:19 AM.
# 26 25-02-2003 , 05:50 AM
Pretty good. But you need to dirty t up a bit. The plane is too clean. Also, take down the glow around the engines a bit. It doesnt do that in real life.

But the model is very detailed, very clean. I did have to look twice at the first one to make sure it wasn't real.

:cheers:

Dave Baer
Professor of Digital Arts
Digital Media Arts College
Boca Raton, Florida
dbaer@dmac.edu
# 27 25-02-2003 , 12:02 PM
Subscriber
Hi Brian,

sorry for the delay, passed out early yesterday... user added image

I been thinking on a few ideas about the text... one was to let the letters pop out of a stone, and then a pensel with colors over them, but that would proberly make the intro a bit to long...

about the letters Demo(reel) 2003, I thought about making the word Demo(reel) in flame letters, and then puff like they were blown out, replaced by smoky letters with "2003"... but is was just an idea, and it might not suite the rest of the picture... user added image

it is just I think that the text alone make it a bit "naked"... in the meaning of a bit "tame" not in a negative sense... but when I have seen your work around I believe you can give it a bit more power...

If I should use the idea as it is now... (same scene for the intro) this is the Idea I have... I haved tried to write it down and will use the numbers on the attached image... to make it a bit visualized, what it is I'm mening with the text... user added image

1.) I was thinking maybe a couple of spotlights behind the letter's... and maybe give the D's a more metallic look e.g. Gold with some screws, like it has been screwed together... (I haven't drawed it, since I don't know how to do it...)

2.) and then maybe one time in the animation the give a shining star glow from them... also maybe a bit of fog... and some of the other things KBrown mentioned in the other thread... -->
https://forum.simplymaya.com/showthre...&threadid=4086

3.) and then a lightning stroke/line like Emo said... from the left to the right, bouncing out of the screen again, while Brian Ellebrecht appairs on the scene... --> 4.)

5.) and then while the letters are beeing shot out of the screen, the background will begin to open (e.g. like an carpet)

6.) and then an jumping movement like you are are jumping into the screen and following the plane... --> 7.) to the rest of the animation

regards,

Strarup