Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 31 26-03-2003 , 02:52 AM
Subscriber
yeah my brother saw them live twice - including once at the Brixton Academy I think. Sadly I never had the chance...

You have any particular favourite songs?

Not entirely convinced by the really early stuff (prob cos no Mike Patton lol)

their later stuff like Ashes to Ashes, Last Cup of Sorrow, Stripsearch is stonking (lol)...then u have other earlier songs like Epic, Midlife Crisis, Easy (still cant believe Lionel Richie wrote this!!!), I love Digging the Grave too. And there are others.

So many....

Also still cant believe the Bee Gees (!) wrote for them too. Its almost surreal isnt it. Of course then u think that Courtney Love was a member at one time. She didnt do much (well...nothing at all actually...lol).

And yeah ive heard about Mr Bungle, Fantoma etc...I'll have to check them out sometime. And yes lets all bow down to Mike Patton! To me the guy made Faith No More

# 32 26-03-2003 , 03:00 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by Darkon
just no (c)rap or hip(pity) hop(pity) music please user added image

LOL

I take it you dont like it then...

Ur the first person in the history of man to make Hip(pity) Hop(pity) sound like its barn dancing

Hats of to u my good man lol

# 33 26-03-2003 , 03:21 AM
SM Alumni
Cool - the brixton gig ie the one from their live vid/album "Live at Brixton Academy" ? If so then DAMN!! Seeing great bands that early in their careers is just awesome.

Fave songs? well Ashes to Ashes (what a chorus!) stripsearch and midlife crisis are all faves along with Caffeine, King for a day, Cukoo for Caca, Last to know, Gentle art of making enemies, War pigs (Ozzy should be proud) Woodpecker from Mars and .. bleh theyre all good.

Had no idea about the Bee Gee's writing for them.... thats just plain madness.. Which song?
I wasnt too keen on FNM prior to Mike joining either - the difference between introduce yourself and the real thing is massive.. they sound like totally different bands, and continued to evolve in a totally unique and (here we go again) diverse way.. sort of glad they quit when they did as clearly werent happy working with one another towards the end, and just staying together for money and making another record would have probably ruined many fans perception of them (as it would have been a shite release... not somthing FNM fans were used to user added image ).

# 34 26-03-2003 , 03:51 AM
Subscriber
The Bee Gees wrote 'I Started a Joke'. Its pretty good...the video has a goddam freak singing in it lol Actually one of my favourite vids is the one from 'Stripsearch'...

I forgot about 'The Gentle Art of Making Enemies'. Another of my favourites. As for the Brixton thing, no it wasnt the album one (although im sure my brother wishes it was....then again maybe not). It was in '97 I think. I also think he saw them as u did at the phoenix festival. I remember him going to two concerts in the space of a week.

Whats really funny is when I play Faith No More for my friends...Generally they dont have a clue who they are. Then I play 'Easy' and they are like "Ohhh I know that one" And then I play something like Ashes to Ashes and they are like "huh?!! wtf happened?!!" The diversity (yet again!) gets them everytime lol

Actually I have the FNM greatest hits - limited edition. It has an extra CD that has previously unreleased demos and things. A Highly recommended purchase.