Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 16 10-04-2003 , 03:47 PM

I Agree

Originally posted by Kevin
well I dont know what you guys think but the level in the challenges is getting better every day so...

I think mods should be able to compete... what you guys think? winners decisions of course will be un biased user added image

Kevin, I second that.
However due to the nature of the comps it would be better if winners were chosen by a poll thread.

# 17 11-04-2003 , 10:19 AM
Kevin
yes I will see how the polls go on the battles as so far the test polls that have been done are a nightmare, and every one just seems to follow the guy above them.

I will think of a way my adl - btw good to see your new sig under your avartar! LOL I knew it wouldnt last user added image

# 18 13-04-2003 , 08:47 AM
Subscriber
Kevin, allowing the mods to compete is a great idea, but maybe if a mod is the winner, then we have to still pick out the runner up. The only reason i say this is some may think that the mod was a set up to just give no points out that month user added image. I doubt this would be the case though.

"I should call you sugar maple tree cause i'd totally tap that" haha

email - mattwettstein@gmail.com
# 19 13-04-2003 , 04:10 PM

Originally posted by Kevin
I will think of a way my adl - btw good to see your new sig under your avartar! LOL I knew it wouldnt last user added image

I feel embarrased now user added image
Found it difficult to work with user added image ...
user added image

# 20 23-04-2003 , 01:17 AM
I'm sorry for sounding like a total retard(well, if the shoe fits...), but how does this contest work, and what do I get if I win? Also, is the noobie contest separate with a different winner, because I am new to maya? Thanks.

It's Dr. Know, Not Darknow
# 21 23-04-2003 , 03:23 PM
Subscriber
Hey drknow, sorry for the delayed responce to your message, I missed it. Basically how this works is you decide if you want to join noobie, or normal (noobie of course if your new), then you name a thread like this April challenge - drknow - noobie. You then have to decide what you want to model along the guidelines of the challenge, this month is hell.. so you have to model something that would fit under the category of hell. Then you have one month (starting from the first day of the month) to model your creation. You have to post progress pictures along with wireframes along the way, and when you are complete you have to name your thread FINAL RENDER and post your final render to show the peope here, and also for the judges to decide. if you win the noobie contest you get a badge under your name that says "noobie competition winner" if you win as normal you will receive points and a badge that says "competition winner" user added image, hope that cleared things up. Cya.

# 22 23-04-2003 , 10:42 PM
Yes, thats a great help. I have a feeling that i am really going to get into this modeling and stuff user added image.

It's Dr. Know, Not Darknow
# 23 30-04-2003 , 04:14 AM
Subscriber
Ok guys, for some of you its the last day.. for others you still have the end of today and tommorow, but bottom line.. the challenge is almost over! So now its time to get those final renders in by midnight of your timezone :O.. i will be judging the models at 12:01 AM (PST -8 GMT time) So get them in before then! Cant wait to see these final renders! The next challenge will be a cool one, I think you will like it user added image.

# 24 30-04-2003 , 10:39 PM
Kevin
great challenge guys!!!

I am sorry for all the threads that I didnt manage to get into and comment on - times have been pretty hectic to say the least...

but for what I did see you have all done so well my little mayans user added image

congratulations to all and many thanks for taking part.

Good luck also - I know M is giving the results soon

# 25 01-05-2003 , 07:28 AM
Kevin
OK The winner has been decided!!

check out anouncements

great job all!