Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 16 27-06-2003 , 06:11 AM
I have also made a Lego jeep and a lego mini, that i posted, in there i describe how I make my parts, some of the more difficult so I draw them out to scale in 2d (like cad, but in corell) and then model them in maya. i uploaded an example of that on one of those two threads. but I don't know witch one. how do I get them to line up? Mostly by eye, if I snap it looks like all one piece, when you render, so I have to make sure i leave a little space between each piece so they still look like seperate pieces. Thanks,
Brian

Please check
My (old) website!
# 17 27-06-2003 , 06:42 AM
yeah i saw your other 2 models. they both looks amazing.

Hey, were do i make recomendations of what you should make? user added image, ive been a lego fan for years.. actually i think i can officially say a decade + (which is rare cause im only 18).

Im gunna go check out those threads but i dont think ill bump them back upuser added image

# 18 27-06-2003 , 06:54 AM
hello. Um do u use corell? (sorry I forgot how to spell it and I am to tirred to look) I can upload the file if you'd like.

"Hey, were do i make recomendations of what you should make? "
Right here user added image

Hmmm... I was aiming to get this done in twodays. I think I will make it, there will be some small changes from the original. Thanks!
Brian
More updates on the way

Please check
My (old) website!
# 19 27-06-2003 , 12:38 PM
Subscriber
for the people without corel you can also use illustrator save it as an ai file if you have Maya 5 or eps for 4.5 and lower. you can than extrude the curves.

# 20 27-06-2003 , 04:12 PM
I didn't know that Roach! here is an udate, sorry about the crappy render, the wheel are just place holders until I have time to finnish the real ones that I am going to use. Luckly it renders fast, so I think I will make this my first Lego Camera track animation.

Brian

Attached Thumbnails

Please check
My (old) website!
# 21 27-06-2003 , 04:40 PM
1. looks very realistic
2. details are amazing
3. what about a wire?

user added image

# 22 27-06-2003 , 06:30 PM
Subscriber
what I have done is get refrence block create the curves in Illustrator and bring them into maya. I find it easier than creating the actual thing in Maya.