Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 16 28-07-2003 , 04:41 PM

Originally posted by BabyDuck
thank you for insulting, uhm, i would say most of us who do not consider maya a barbie doll (thanks ultragames, great comparison). even microsoft acknowledges that the nice looking features in winxp are crap if speed is what you want to do. it is not surprising, that if you turn winxp to optimize for speed, it does look like win2k. and you probably dont notice a slow down, as you care more if your red is red.

If you think i insulted you im sorry...

If you think i insulted Dos/Win3.1/95/98/me/NT/2000/XP/(and surely ill do it with the upcoming 2003) Youre damn right, you can be sure i have insulted them to no end... and ill doit again everytime it fails/its clumsy to use etc... (urm now that i think about it i even cursed more the F**ÍN´ commands of unix... you have to make a PhD to make it do something useful...)

You know i have used almost everything from spectrums to silicon graphics to macs to Pcs, since the 90s and yet i dont like any Os and still always need a 5 times faster hardware... (i should have been born in 5 years, on the next 20yrs i expect that working with computers stops to be a mode of psichological torture, and they actually help more than encumber...)

The only thing that has actually gone better is the muscle of the computer and the eyecandy (which btw is what we all do with Maya) so why turn it off? it doesnt even encumber a humble Pentium150, it even goes faster than with win98/2000. (not that i would use it for maya tough but..)

# 17 28-07-2003 , 06:44 PM
uggafugga..........Kill prettiness.

It's Dr. Know, Not Darknow
# 18 29-07-2003 , 11:26 AM

Re: New Maya GUI? When?

Originally posted by vertiis
IMHO the GUI of Maya looks a little bit old now. Dont you think it should be redesigned? Or is it only me?

Regards,
Vertiis (Maya newbie user added image )

Oh c'mon dont wish for the GUI to be redesigned! I havent learned the "old one" yet ;-)

# 19 30-07-2003 , 08:27 AM
Harvezter:
true... true... i still gotta learn it too user added image
v.