Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 16 07-10-2003 , 10:45 PM
Ok. Maya, for some odd reason, just decided to start working again. This after a reformat and reinstall. What did I do differently this time? I didn't import my saved settings I had from an earlier install. Could that have done it? Possible. It's possible there was a setting in there somewhere that was corrupting the rendering process.

Anyway, I'm up and running again and once again a happy camper. user added image

user added image

Dave Baer
Professor of Digital Arts
Digital Media Arts College
Boca Raton, Florida
dbaer@dmac.edu
# 17 07-10-2003 , 11:46 PM
Sounds like a stupid question but how did you get rid of the saved settings? Is this deferent then deleating history?

# 18 12-10-2003 , 10:52 AM
I had the same problems with Maya 4.5, so did a friend of mine.

# 19 12-10-2003 , 04:37 PM
No. You just delete them from the C:/Documents and Settings/Administrator/My Documents/Maya/4.5/prefs and replace them.

Dave Baer
Professor of Digital Arts
Digital Media Arts College
Boca Raton, Florida
dbaer@dmac.edu
# 20 12-10-2003 , 06:19 PM
I am not sure which helped but I did use dave_baer preferences and then converded any nurbs or SubD surface to polies from the older file and it works fine now.