Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Previous Challenges (Archives) (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   March/April - Noob - metallicjet66 (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15737)

Funky Bunnies 21-04-2005 01:17 AM

Quote:

Now, I wouldn't say Maya is any easier then any other 3d program, it's more of just a personal preference.
Completely agreed. I have never tried Lightwave, however, so maybe my assessment of the situation isn't completely valid.

Now as for the whole disputed amount of experience Metallic has, From what I've gathered he's telling the truth- that he saw maya in september and finally got it in february. Surely you all must know that a 3d application is no small investment. It took me months of reasoning with my parents to let me buy it with my own money that I had been saving- I was still, obviously, interested in 3d before I bought the software to go to these lengths to get the program. SO merely based upon the fact that he joined the forum in september is no valid means of calling him a liar.

And though trust in these communities is important, even if he was lying/exaggerating he wasn't using illegal software or using someone else's work as his own, or any of the other issues that I'm sure most of you have seen on other forums.

This just isn't that important. SO lets get back to the model. :)

I'm really looking forward to your animation of the bot, metallic. This thing is really looking awesome. Though I must agree that those toes have very strange linkage- though still awesome looking. keep it up, man. I hope you get some time to finish soon.

thatdudeyoulove 21-04-2005 01:58 AM

Quote:

This just isn't that important. SO lets get back to the model. :)
Amen!

lisa_gonzalez 21-04-2005 08:30 AM

Phew, we can get back to the point of this thread (which I've been thoroughly enjoying) - great work!!! :D

metallicjet66 21-04-2005 09:55 PM

thanks lisa, im gonna actually change the scene i had with the chrome balls a bit, im gonna have a truck, where its actually speeding, and then cwr will run in and stop it, not sure, still thinkin about it

lisa_gonzalez 22-04-2005 08:28 AM

Yes, I think that would be better, because it is a crime robot, so it would be good to show it stopping some crime!! (plus I'd like to see that!)

metallicjet66 22-04-2005 11:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
this is a small rende i did from before, if u guys like it, let me know if u wanna see the animation when its rendered and all

Dragonhawk 22-04-2005 12:18 PM

i cant open this rar file....its also only 59,9kb big...???

metallicjet66 22-04-2005 02:53 PM

hmm, u have winrar? ill re post it when i get home, im on a mac pc at skool, doin a powerpoint project right now, so u'll have to wait a bit

Funky Bunnies 22-04-2005 06:37 PM

yeah dude, I believe the Rar must be corrupt or something

metallicjet66 23-04-2005 06:27 PM

thanks to mhcannon, i was able to get my animation uploaded..

www.artildawn.com/images/oc.avi

thatdudeyoulove 24-04-2005 04:48 PM

looks pretty good

Dragonhawk 26-04-2005 12:54 PM

Pritty impressive animation!!!

Please check your pm messages ive send u one.....

Bambus 27-04-2005 08:19 AM

Damn, looking good.

Almost happy that I didn't have time to put into this challenge, I wouldn't stand a chance.

4ng3l

Eelco 29-04-2005 01:08 AM

I downloaded the oc.avi video but wasn't able to watch it. Got some error: ClassFactory cannot supply requested class (Error=80040111) :(
Don't uderstand cause it's just a Cinepak codec vid. Anybody got this too?

for your final animation u might try Divx or Xvid . They are much better compressors than the ones bundled in Windows.

metallicjet66 29-04-2005 01:41 AM

oh, u should have seen this link to watch it

www.artildawn.com/images/oc.avi