Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   SM Tournaments (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Tournament #1 - Vectorman VS )v( (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5218)

M 19-04-2003 12:56 AM

Yea someone told me that earlier.. i forgot until then.. i knew he was familiar :).

adldesigner 19-04-2003 01:52 AM

Someone? Ouch.
<adl goes into a corner and starts crying about how insignificant his posts are that people donĀ“t even remember he makes them>
;)

twisteddragon33 19-04-2003 02:32 AM

It does look very nice M. I cant remember the guys name(ive only seen one episode) but i knew it was a digimon. Korugimon or something...

The head with the teeth lookks downright evil:).. i love it!

Are you just doing heads?

M 19-04-2003 06:52 AM

LOL, sorry adl.. i was so stressed today it was crazy.. i dont even know what i was typing.. yes it was you and thankyou for that :D. Anyways, that did sound quite bad, :(. Twisted, thanks :D. I think you are right.. as i watched a lot more than 1, but got turned off of it quickly.. as i am a fan of anime, but not anime that lacks a solid storyline :). I will not just be doing the head, but the whole body :D. I think i should say thankyou for the "evil" comment.. but im not sure if thats what i want for this challenge.... we shall see though :). Ok, ttyl.

(BTW, my fingers killing me.. i gashed it open on a blade, almost to the bone.. and i can barely type without getting a surge of pain.. thats how much i love sm ;)). Hehhe, ok... yea bye.

-<{ JB }>- 19-04-2003 08:11 AM

Ouch!! I hope you can easily overcome the rest of your grass problem :) .

Pony 19-04-2003 08:27 AM

M the grass killer !!!!!!!11.. LOL JK.. I feel for ya man. I hate to cut grass..

adldesigner 19-04-2003 09:38 AM

Hope you get better bud.
Lol, J/K about the comment. :cool:

M 19-04-2003 04:50 PM

Hehehe, i know in a few hours of typing this finger is going to split back open.. but if it does, thats what bandaids are for, right? Anyways, hopefully today will be a masterful modelling day.. btw, you know why those [IMG] tags were not working? Because it was disabled on the board, so thanks to kevin now we have those tournament images up :D. I will try to keep it up to date as soon as there are new renders :).

Vectorman 19-04-2003 08:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I went camping and have been gone for a day and a half.

M, I'm sorry to hear about you're finger, grass, lawnmower, flagpole and all that. I'm glad you still got to do a lil work. digi-thing is looking good, did you think about a ramp shader for that cel shaded cartoon feel?

Here are the eyes up close, after two smooths (on just the pupil faces and surrounding). I'm thinking of making the red part of the eye to be some kinda swirly, fractaly abstract maybe red and a lil orange or something.

Vectorman 20-04-2003 03:29 AM

1 Attachment(s)
okay did alotta work today. Tell me what you guys think. The GI looks way cooler with the 64 lights instead of 16!

M 20-04-2003 04:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Gah, modelling anime is soo confusing. Anyways, i always do mikes cube technique.. and well.. im not sure if its working for me :P. Anyways, yea.. i have been extruding and tweaking verts for a good 2 and a half hours now.. i wish i knew what the hell pony did :P. Well, all i ever get is stuff like you see here.. and its not perfect in any way.. i dont even know how im going to work out all these bugs :(. Sigh. BTW, body may look kinda weird.. wait until the hands and feet are on :).

afireinside 20-04-2003 05:07 AM

damn guy... looks good m. unfortunately my man ben is going to win up in this piece.. but good luck man!

M 20-04-2003 05:09 AM

Ah thanks :D.. just im not sure if i know what you mean by "win up in this piece"... could you rephrase? thanks :).

afireinside 20-04-2003 05:16 AM

see its a long story... the other night ben and me were running down THE CLIFF OF DEATH!!! and i fell and broke myself... but we used to call him Savage Law back in the day.. you know what i mean?

Vectorman 20-04-2003 05:18 AM

omg dale you're crayZAH!