Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Work In Progress (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Roman heads (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22951)

t1ck135 01-01-2007 05:03 PM

nope :( I thought it better to totally immerse myself in max for the year of the course as unfortunately they dont use maya.
At the end of the year I might dust off maya and get back into it as the interface is nicer than max - although max's modelling tools are rather nice to use.

The challenge forum looks good however and if there's time I'll be in the simplymax forum competing against you maya guys ;)

Si

MattTheMan 02-01-2007 06:09 AM

hey it was looking great, really!!!!

and, honestly, I dont think it's right to banish you to the Max forum... it's dead. I post all my work (no matter what software) here. Oh well, sorry about the situation. Max is alright I guess, well I like it more than Maya anyway, good luck with the course!!

arran 02-01-2007 07:57 AM

Oh no, you've gone over to the other side...

Just kidding mate - good luck with the course and getting into max.

I definately agree with matt - if you want, keep posting your work here - I am sure no one will mind.

:beer:

THX1138 02-01-2007 09:37 AM

t1ck135, don't give into Max, that leads to the dark side...and alone over there will you be. If you leave now, help yourself it could, but you would have destroyed all for which you have fought and suffered.

LOL, here will you post all of your work. :nod:

marlonjohn 02-01-2007 06:48 PM

haha beard looks grouse ;)

"t1ck135, don't give into Max, that leads to the dark side"

thx1138 is right, it leads to the darkside with darth vader... comeon you dont want to be with him, stay with us and fight with the jeties and luke skywalker! (i think someone has been watching too much star wars...*looks around like nothing happen* hehe :p )

marlon

t1ck135 03-01-2007 01:48 AM

lol, cheers for the encouragement guys, its much appreciated :)

if people really dont mind then I'll post stuff here and continue things in max
I'd better get the head converted and into max and continue the texturing part then ;) and then start on the second head

03-01-2007 01:51 AM

no...noooooo!!!!

max is pure evil its such a pain to use...

as long as you continue the project do it:beer:

marlonjohn 03-01-2007 06:52 AM

acid is right max is pure evil, haha :p

yeah id love to see your work keep on going even if its in max and the sites simply(MAYA) :P keep us updated buddy,

marlon

arran 03-01-2007 04:43 PM

yeah, definately keep posting here mate and get yourself in on the challenge - seeing as the winner gets his entry made into a statue it would be really cool to do your next roman head as your entry, unless you have some other ideas of course.

with the other simply sites being so quiet, I half wonder if it would not be better to just merge everything into one site - we could always keep specific threads for each application, but it would be cool and beneficial to see how people use other programs, as long as we could keep the maya vs max threads down to a minimum!

Anyway, sorry to stray off topic. Lets see a max update! :beer:

THX1138 05-01-2007 08:52 PM

Quote:

(i think someone has been watching too much star wars...*looks around like nothing happen* hehe )
Heh, I couldn't have done it if it wasn't for arran's genious quote.

Quote:

Oh no, you've gone over to the other side...

marlonjohn 05-01-2007 10:12 PM

"seeing as the winner gets his entry made into a statue it would be really cool to do your next roman head as your entry"

i just though about that for a sec and it all works out..build a statue and your already making one, i agree with arran, go for it :)

haha yeah luckly for arrans comment and yours i got to say that :p

t1ck135 06-01-2007 12:28 AM

lol at the comments :D
very good idea on making the second head for the challenge arran, I may just think about doing that :)

petrol 06-01-2007 02:24 AM

g'wan tickles! :)

PS - I'll never join you! Max isn't my father!

younglion 06-01-2007 02:39 AM

thats some great modeling 5/5

THX1138 06-01-2007 06:44 AM

It would awsome to see your Roman head as a statue. You should really consider entering the challenge while it still early.