Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   SM Tournaments (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Tournament #1 - Vectorman VS )v( (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5218)

Vectorman 20-04-2003 07:18 AM

Nice work M. Looks like you're almost done.

I don't think i can get the fur to work. Ug. That had been my plan. But when i apply it, its not right at all. Any ideas guys?

M 20-04-2003 07:21 AM

So do you have unlimited? if you do then yea.. you should be able to just use the fur effect. Hopefully this works for ya :). Look in the help menues for the info on how to use it, if that is the feature available in your version of maya. Anyways, thanks vectorman :D. Im not almost done, i have just started :) ( i think). I still have a lot of detail to add, hopefully it all works out. The hands are a bit crude atm.. but will work out over time. K, cya.

BTW, you could always model every strand of hair one by one ;), heheh.

Vectorman 20-04-2003 07:23 AM

LOl about the strands. Yah I have the fur bundle, except for somereason the complexity (and suckiness its getting pretty messy) just messes the fur up. I'll go broswe the help files i guess.

M 20-04-2003 07:27 AM

DOH, i forgot about ears and nostrils for the critter... sheesh, he cant hear or smell :(.. poor guy. Anyways, yea i am hittin the sack for tonight... time to pry myself away from SM and then get right back to it like superglue in the morning (even better.. epoxy ;)).

mtmckinley 20-04-2003 07:33 AM

nice job, guys. :) Keep it up!

Vectorman 20-04-2003 07:36 AM

thanx mike

Pony 20-04-2003 08:29 AM

Hay there M. man your body looks pritty good to me so far. there is a little seam down the frunt but that can be taken care of pritty eazy.. if you have noticed mine always have that seam for a while.. just to lazy to get it straitened out right away..
the seams of the arems ware you atached them need a little work..
could we see a wire of the body? also.. the wire on the head.. you fixed the mouth pritty good.. but is that wire smothed once or not smothed ?

Oh btw.. your eye is GREAT !!!! really like that.. good eye lids on it also !!

your hands look cool to me.. gess I should look at the refrence though.. sorry I wasn't on sooner.. net messed up on me.

Pony 20-04-2003 08:32 AM

Hay vecterman.. !! yeah no problem mate.. tell me the problem or what you would like help on.. I got your back!

BTW that was forking funny... your post of your critter talking sh#$ about M's digi.. LOL loved it..

also your doing good with the body.. keep on it..

adldesigner 20-04-2003 08:51 AM

DigimonĀ“s advancing pretty good M.
As per yours Vectorman, I f*cking hated those Critters, which is why ... you should keep on it, since I hate the Digimon more. ;)

Nice battle guys!

-<{ JB }>- 20-04-2003 11:57 AM

hey M, are you going to make the mouth capable of opening?? I don't think I'll bother with doing that on mine - I'll just make it look like it can open ;) !

M 20-04-2003 04:07 PM

Hey guys :D.. yea well i will make the mouth capable of opening ;). I just have to add some poly splits around the mouth and then its ready to go.. i have already made the adjustments.. i found this tutorial once for max (back half a year ago) that showed how to split polys to make a mouth open flawlessly.. just i never did understand it. I will see if i can find it again and use that technique for the mouth. The wireframe pony i will post later today, as i would still like to make some adjustments before the wireframe is posted. Then if you see any patterns that i am making that could be fixed, i would love to know! Thanks for the eye comment! Yea, the eye did turn out nice :D.. i do have to say once again though.. if it wasnt for kurt showing me how to do that then i couldnt of made that eye. The head should be merged to the body today, the legs should be merged, and i will be fixing the merge betweeen the legs head and arms to the body to be a perfect transition. Oh yea, one other thing.. the head pony was smoothed in that image :(.. it actually looks very similar unsmoothed. Cya

M 20-04-2003 04:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey, I just did a test to see if i could open the mouth or if i couldnt.. well.. it will work :D. So once i attatch the head then i will start on the inside of his mouth, and teeth. BTW, that is a unsmoothed version of the digi :).

Vectorman 20-04-2003 05:23 PM

LOL pony and ADL!!

Vectorman 20-04-2003 07:17 PM

I spent a few hours trying to uv map, and learned that its impossible on the current model. UG. Just so you know guys this is the first time I've gone through this entire process. I've been playing around with the modeling tools for a month or so but this stuff is crazy. I'm probably gonna have to rebuild the entire body. I think i have a saved version of the lowpoly hand, and foot/leg. But the arms, and the body are gonna have to go. Don't know if i have inspiration to do this right now. Gonna go smoke lots of ciggz.....

Vectorman 20-04-2003 08:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
heres the new body. I'm glad in a way too. The old model was such a mess.