Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Previous Challenges (Archives) (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Super Villain Challenge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32596)

mtmckinley 15-06-2009 07:51 PM

Super Villain Challenge

Super Villain Challenge

Let's get back to doing some character-based challenges and let's do Super Villains! You can make an existing character! If you can be creative and make a new one or modify an existing one in some way, that'd be great! Make up a name, powers, look, costume, and origin story and let's see those creative juices flow! Is your villain an evil demigod from another world? or simply a misunderstood mutant that has to rely on crime to survive? Maybe you want to make an evil version of Superman? Go for it!

A couple guides:

1) Texturing is not required... but encouraged.

2) You can be super-duper-high-res or do low-poly game models... your choice!

3) Name your threads something like Super Villain Challenge: Evil Guy (challenge name: your villain)

4) Any 3D or 2D program can be used.

Feel free to ask any questions in this thread. There's no prize yet, but if that changes, I'll let you know. Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!

Deadline Noon August 17th (USA Pacific Time)!

Mayaniac 15-06-2009 08:08 PM

Sounds like fun.
:beer:

stwert 15-06-2009 08:29 PM

Excellent... I think I'll join this one and hopefully finish off something for a true entry. I'm a bit dubious about my organic modelling skills though...

Dango77 15-06-2009 09:31 PM

Great!
I've not done any organic modeling yet, so this'll be a good chance to get onto doing some, and I've got a few ideas of what I'll do flying around my head already!
looking forward to it!

Chirone 15-06-2009 09:42 PM

i have a "villain" and a villain in mind.. wonder if i could pull them off though...

Pandinus 15-06-2009 11:06 PM

DAMMIT! I just (almost) finished making an evil villain! Oh well, back to the drawing board...

honestdom 16-06-2009 08:39 AM

is this comp going to have a vote at the end or are you going to pick the winners again?

gster123 16-06-2009 08:56 AM

Damm, I wanted to to an exisitng villian, oh well.

Chirone 16-06-2009 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by hammer.horror
is this comp going to have a vote at the end or are you going to pick the winners again?
i would think it would go like this...

if there's a prize then only mike will have a say, or a selected group of people can vote (given the reasons that mike said last time about voting when there is a prize)
otherwise everyone can vote

if we vote i say we should get 3 votes each to use on anyone other than ourselves...

elephantinc 16-06-2009 09:39 AM

damn, pity I already started my phanteater
maybe I could enter with the non robotic one...

ColdWave 16-06-2009 10:56 AM

If there is prize, there must be judges. Judges who know what they do :). The voting system by members is not so good. Because we all can build multy accounts.

I'm thinking of joining this one, but not decide yet.:beer:

CGWolfgang 16-06-2009 05:29 PM

This sounds like fun. While I don't think I'll place I'm definitely in. The challenge arena looks like a great place to learn/hone my skills in maya!

tweetytunes 16-06-2009 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by CGWolfgang
The challenge arena looks like a great place to learn/hone my skills in maya!
It curently is - I have gained so much knowledge doing these little test. I would say even more than 5 years at uni

sokol 16-06-2009 07:55 PM

does it have to be a human?

Dango77 16-06-2009 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by sokol
does it have to be a human?
Don't think so Sokol, Mike put in his specifications post at the top that it could be anything from a Demigod to a Mutant, so as long as it's a Super Villain it should be fine I'd think.