Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   World of Warcraft EU Final Beta (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15000)

caligraphics 11-01-2005 07:11 AM

World of Warcraft EU Final Beta

Hey guys

If any of you guys are playing in the EU Final Beta of WoW, then look me up and shoot me a tell in game :)

Im playing on the Horde side, troll Hunter named Dimoe. English PVP server 6.

Im still a complete noob regarding this game, but so far its looking really cool, and I love the Blizzard style of graphics.

3Demon 11-01-2005 07:45 AM

I was thinking about getting the game since so many people seem to be picking it up, but I think I'll have to wait till I get a new computer in order.

What's the gameplay like in the game, some people say the creatures respawn too fast?

caligraphics 11-01-2005 11:27 AM

so far I have found the respawn time quite nice.. but I am still a lowlevel .. But Downtime in that game is next to nothing. So far I really like it.

Easy to control the character, easy fightsystem, but that will gradually be harder as you gain levels and more and more complicated spells/skills.

blomkaal 11-01-2005 08:15 PM

I've played the Open Beta and a friend of mine preordered it, so he's in the final beta now... I really want WoW as well since I've played both AO and DAoC and have been looking forward to WoW for a few years, but my bank took away my credit card... Totally unfair! :(

mtmckinley 11-01-2005 08:31 PM

I've been playing it some over here, state-side. It's definitely very fun! Too bad about the whole nationalized server thing as it'd be cool to play with some of you guys when it gets out over there. :)

Chewy 11-01-2005 08:55 PM

i for one was really dissapointed with it.. to me it was too much like dark ages of camelot... i liked starwars galaxies but that come dull and limited and really buggy...

i was really waiting for warhammer online to come out but the idiots pulled the plug on it because they said financialy it would have not been worth it... games workshop alreadys makes its millions so i dont know what they are chatting about lol

caligraphics 12-01-2005 01:51 PM

Mike : I was really shocked last nite.. I mean, I catually found tradeskills fun !!! I must be ill or something.

I really like that when you start on tradeskills, you actually start by making stuff for your character that can improve him! Good planning from Blizzard on that point.

stavs82 12-01-2005 06:37 PM

Ive been playing for a while now, I have a 43 Rog on a pvp server, and have loved every min of it.

The game definatly breaks up the level grind that killed EQ for me. The quests are fun and the tradeskills are great too. And I love how the encourage exploration by reqarding experience by finding new screens.

ckyuk 12-01-2005 07:22 PM

how much is the fee to play it?

mtmckinley 12-01-2005 08:28 PM

depends on how much you buy. 1-month plans are 14.99 a month... 3 month plans, 13.99, 6-month - 12.99. That kind of thing.

caligraphics 13-01-2005 07:57 AM

heh, I dinged level 11 last nite with my little troll hunter, so now I have a pet, trying to figure out how the devil all that stuff works :P this is dead funny ..