Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Work In Progress (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   just another head (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12347)

aL_3891 22-06-2004 10:55 PM

just another head

hello :)
its been like 10 months since i hung around this forum.. basicly theres been a lot of really boring courses at my school with lots of even more boring gruop projects

but who cares ;D

this is a head ive been working on for like a week or so. however in actual hours ive put in perhaps 20h or so witch is pretty fast for me atleast :)

ive been using another method than regular box modeling for this one..
basicly i drew the side profile (by useing ref. images) useing the create poly tool. then i did some very course splite to get verts at key points like temple (not sure about the spelling of that but its a spot on the side of the head about eye high), the corner of the mouth and where the ear shoud be. these verts where then pulled sideways into place useing the front view.

i'll post my next project here from the beginning and not half way so if my pretty weak explenation here doesnt make sense look out for that one :)

also for any europeans out there.. sweden and denmark to the semi finals.. we kick ass ;D

now on to the good(?) stuff :)
here are some pics..

aL_3891 22-06-2004 11:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
early mouth pic:
the crease on the lips are not subD "creases" but actually beveld edges on the low poly.. this is a much faster(render and memory wise) method than subD creases

aL_3891 22-06-2004 11:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
..and heres where im at right now..
progress is a little slow right now because i have some other stuff to to like work and sleep

but its comeing along :)

crits and comensd are welcome :)

stuff i know i gotta fix:
*poor thins is deaf and blind
*side of the nose looks slightly flat
*cheekbone needs some work.. doesnt seem to be enough volume in that area below the eye.. but maybe thats just me O_o
*chin looks a litte sharp on the edges

blomkaal 22-06-2004 11:27 PM

Nice work! :)

Yeah great game, although we should have won, and Italy should have played 1-1... But we'll get you in the final :)
The look on the italians' faces when they'd won and found out that it didn't matter... Priceless! :)

aL_3891 22-06-2004 11:42 PM

we'll see... ;D but as long as a scandinavian team wins im happy :)

oh yeah that was sweeeet :D scoring that (lucky)goal in the 94th minute and then.. SORRY GUYS :D
they'll be pissed though :P prolly blame us for makeing a deal with the game ending 2-2 and all just like thay said it would..

but who cares :) theres no way anyone who watched that game can think there was any deal

caligraphics 23-06-2004 07:31 AM

Well, the only thing the spaghettis can put their fingers on, is the dying minuttes of the match where Sweden kept the ball at their own goal, and the Danes did not go for the ball ..

But then again, who can blame us, we were both in the Quarter finals.. why attack then ?

blomkaal 23-06-2004 09:34 AM

I bet those last couple of minutes are all that's gonna be shown in Italy :)

aL_3891 23-06-2004 09:36 AM

yeahi bet they are :)

but like henke larsson said.. attacking in that situation is just a stupid risk to take

aL_3891 25-06-2004 02:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
lack of time and ISP problem have delayed the updates but heres one from yesterday

NextDesign 25-06-2004 05:04 PM

Hmmm. Eyes dont look right. Anyway everything else looks great!

septentrio 25-06-2004 06:13 PM

Maybe the space between the eyes : It should be one eye wide

ransick 25-06-2004 08:18 PM

yep....upperhead does need some work! Im sure you'll get on that ;) keep up the good work :)

GreetZz RanSIcK

Jay 25-06-2004 09:03 PM

Hey Dude

The eyes definately need work, maybe not as much if its a female as the ridge of the brow would be a lot less. The area above the top lip seems way too sharp and wide and I think the nose is too square across its bridge section, soften it a little. Could I see a wire please?? But I must ask, are you using reference??

_J

aL_3891 26-06-2004 01:35 AM

Peltra: yeah i know :/ the eyelids are kinda half open.. i did it like that temperarely bcuz in my refs images the eyes are open

septentrio: alrighty :) right now the eyehole (that word somehow sounds dirty) includes the membrane that right in the corner of the eye to.. so it will get slightly narrower later..

ransick: yeah kind of a conehead thing going om in that pic :D its better now tho :)

jango: yup its a female.. but yeah the nose is kinda square.. yeah belive it or not i did use refimages ;D but they are pretty crappy and doesnt line up perfectly.. thats not really an excuse tho :)

wires and an update are comein up

aL_3891 26-06-2004 01:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
wire for jango :)

ive made some misstakes on this one (this is like the secound time a modeled a fairly compleated head) so the mesh i kinda dense :/

i thinking about dropping the modeling part of thins one and just practice doing UVs and texturing on it.. but im not sure yet