Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Work In Progress (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Witch_face (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29099)

kazama 26-02-2008 06:40 AM

Witch_face

1 Attachment(s)
This is a character im making right now. Is a witch face.
Commets and critics are most wellcome.. I see something weird in the down lip, dont know what it is.

kazama 26-02-2008 06:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
With some texture and sss. Still missing eyeslashes, and better eyebronws.
Also the hair, the hair is going to be leaves, and also missing the texture un the hat of course.

kazama 26-02-2008 06:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Also one thing i wanna ask is HELP in this thing..
Im having problems with the textures in the display,some times in some proyects they work fine and in others, like in this one, the textures in the display are show with other colors, with distortions, like this example, dont why this is happening but i cant continue working like this.
In the render the textures is fine, it the display, but I NEED to see the textures in the display, I have to make the hair of the character, with texture maps of leaves and I can model and put them in the right place If i dont see the textures.

alexanderH 26-02-2008 06:55 AM

the texture problems you are having on that plane as far as i have experienced is because there are no subdivisions on it.
If you add some more geometry to the plane the texture should render just fine and should display properly.

As for the model, it looks really good. The ears look a little funny to me because the rest of the face seems to be so common - for a face anyways. But I like the detail.
The hat looks really good too, can't wait to see some textures on that.

The facial textures could use a bit more attention like you said. The eyebrows look a little funny, though the lips are looking pretty good. You might also want to add some colour variation to the texture on the face.

The hair sounds like a cool idea, can't wait to see it.
And let me know if adding subdivisions to your plan helped with texture display.

-Alex

kazama 26-02-2008 07:06 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks man for taking the time to write all of that.
Well Is not that,because that happens to me soooo often, like in the eye, it is a nurbs ball, and the texture display so bad, but in the render is fine. Here I put you another example, look in the uv window, and the display, but the render its fine. My 3d card is good enought, and have the latest driver. I also use lightwave, and in lightwave I dont have this kind of problems with the display. Man i really need to fix these..

alexanderH 26-02-2008 07:10 AM

would you mind sending me the file to alexanderhosking@hotmail.com and I'll take a look at it. I mean things look like they should work fine from what I can see here. But if I can dig into it a little bit I may be able to troubleshoot for you today.

Cheers.

kazama 26-02-2008 07:12 AM

Ok man I will send you the scene of the plane with the eye texture.

alexanderH 26-02-2008 07:33 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok well I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little confused.
I am running maya 2008 and it works just fine when I open the file in it.
In the attached image on the left is your plane, on the right is the one I created and simply applied the material to.

kazama 26-02-2008 07:39 AM

Mmm.. I supose that was going to happend..
Can be something with my video card?
Some jpg files works sometimes, that eye texture is a png, so maybe is some information in the files, dont know.. for example the print screens I made of the face of my character, the ones I upload here, thats jpg files has no problem in the display, I just mapped that to the plane and work fine.

alexanderH 26-02-2008 07:58 AM

Well frankly I am thinking it'd be a software problem. Some settings could be a little strange.
I tested this in 2008 for both Mac and PC and they work fine. It also displays fine in Maya 8.0.
On my mac it has no video card really. Just the onboard. So I'm positive your video card is better than that.

I know nvidia cards have issues in Vista with maya 8.5 and under so if you apply to that rule that could be causing you problems.

But I think you may want to check out the autodesk support site and see if anyone can help you out with this one.

Sorry I'm no better help. I gotta go out now but I'll google it up when I get back and see if I can find anything.

Cheers
-Alex

kazama 26-02-2008 08:51 AM

Ok man, thank you a lot

kazama 26-02-2008 02:35 PM

Update

1 Attachment(s)
An update..

alexanderH 26-02-2008 02:47 PM

It's looking really good.
Only one thing I can suggest, is around the eyes maybe try fading the green out so it blends in more.

Just a thought.
It's starting to take great shape. Keep it up!

marlonjohn 26-02-2008 04:30 PM

Nice design and looks great all together,

Only crit would be the modeling...how you attached the ear, looks abit odd i think.

kazama 27-02-2008 07:52 AM

Thanks guys.. I will look into it.