Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Harry Potter (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19157)

Jay 19-11-2005 04:25 PM

Harry Potter

Just got back from the latest installment of Harry Potter.

In a word: Excellent.

the dragon/flying sequence in particular was just superb. Hats off to those involved. The acting really stood out as well this time with a good bit of emotion to grab you by the gonads!!

Go see
Jay

utpal 19-11-2005 05:47 PM

so you recommend it?
i liked the first one, but the second one was really disppointing. quite forgettable.

the third one....... was there ever a third movie????

Kurt 19-11-2005 06:35 PM

Its was ok but they left out so much.. I felt they moved around to much in the story line.

Jay 19-11-2005 06:54 PM

Yeah they left out stuff but theres only so much you can fit inside a 2hr movie. I thought it worked pretty well overall. But it was excellent nonethelss.

I try not to get bogged down with technicalities of whats in the movie etc, I learned my lesson from being a Star Wars geek, that you cant please everyone all at once.

I'm interested on how the fifth one will turn out as its a little more subdued in terms of action.

Jay

MattTheMan 19-11-2005 07:26 PM

omg i saw harry potter last night and it KICKS ASS

Jay 19-11-2005 08:25 PM

Pretty cool Huh!!

_J

MattTheMan 19-11-2005 09:25 PM

Ya, too bad they werent using Maya... the dragon scene OWND

Jay 19-11-2005 10:20 PM

I saw a documentry today at 6, and they showed that and the lake bit, Maya was there.

_J

NitroLiq 19-11-2005 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by MattTheMan
Ya, too bad they werent using Maya... the dragon scene OWND
When will people get it into their heads that it's not the software that matters, it's the end result.

Jay 20-11-2005 12:04 AM

Absolutely, I agree. I just had this conversation with Swankey Monkey as well about this kind of thing. Software does not maketh the man!!

_J

swankymonkey 20-11-2005 12:43 AM

:attn:

samurai jack 20-11-2005 08:46 PM

hey guys lord of the rings 1,2,3 was way much better than harry potter,it was like the best movie i have ever seen

Jay 20-11-2005 10:30 PM

Maybe so, but the idea of this thread is to discuss how good the latest installment of HP is.

The Lordy movies are awesome anyway but to compare those against Harry Potter is a bit pointless as the two movies are so different. Its like comparing Spiderman to Gone with the Wind.

Next...

Jay

lisa_gonzalez 21-11-2005 09:24 AM

Hey, glad you all like HP.......I've got a credit on it!!! My best credit yet definitely! The dragon scene was excellent (I wish I had worked on that part!), but I didn't like the quidditch stadium, it looked strange.

Oh, and they do use Maya on the film, at least where I'm from they do.

I like all the HP films, I find them quite entertaining. I think that I'm looking forward to the 6th film the most though, after reading the new book!

LisaG :attn:

Jay 21-11-2005 11:06 AM

Hey Lisa

Hats off to whatever you did for your part in the movie!! And to the rest of the vfx crew. Please pass that on to them.

My little girl is a big fan of the Potter movies and this was her favourite of the 4 , so you made her happy too!!

Best regards
Jay