Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   want to learn Maya (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21683)

spania 24-05-2006 03:05 AM

want to learn Maya

hello guys i am a beginner in maya and have 36 points and i don't know what tutorials is suitable for me >> i need advice from u guys, i want to learn it , i downloaded the Dog tutorial but it is very fast . do u have any suggestions guys ????:confused:

13th_resident 24-05-2006 07:20 AM

from what i know you should start off with the tree frog or the dragon tut. it should give you an idea on how start start modeling. but you should ask mmoore5553 or kurt for more details on those.
i'd also recommend organic modeling 2. its 21 points altogether. but since your a beginner you should probably get organic modeling dvd.
its really up to you.

cheers :beer:

spania 24-05-2006 04:18 PM

what do mean by organic modeling DVD is that the name of the tutorial?!?!:headbang: :eek:

thnx

13th_resident 24-05-2006 06:55 PM

organic modeling dvd is a tutorial made just for beginners. click here
to buy it. (with 27 points or £23 or $42)
organic modeling dvd 2 is another organic modeling tutorial, and its really good.

mmoore5553 24-05-2006 07:06 PM

hey all ..organic modeling is tough yes but you can do it .... the dragon tutorial is very good ...alot of new stuff to learn . Yes it is hard at times but then again any organic modeling is.

The tree frog is a very good one too. I have it but have not tried it ..i have looked at it and viewed it is good. I just wanted to do a dragon.

If you are not familar with the tools of maya then i would say learn those.

also have you done the dog tutorial ? if so then either one would be good .

I would suggest either one or try something that is not organic ...like a star ship or something like that ..organic is hard at times but if you are able to stay on track it is worth it ...

Kurt tutorials are very good . I have learned tons from it and very thankful ... also people here will help you out if you have trouble.

the dragon dvd does take you step by step as a beginner ..so dont worry about that ... if you want to do a dragon . It shows alot of other tools that are basic to use and start off

spania 25-05-2006 10:34 AM

thank you all for da help , but could u please tell me where i can learn about the basic tools of maya , and where i can find the dragon thing , i would be apreciated

thnks:beer:

mmoore5553 25-05-2006 10:40 AM

here is the head part

http://www.simplymaya.com/movie_page...html?tut_id=65

and here is the body

http://www.simplymaya.com/movie_page...html?tut_id=70

this will get you started to making the dragon. I would buy just the head and see if you can get threw it . If you can then i would go on with the rest of it ...

sent you email on some of the things you will learn . also if you do the dragon post your work in the WIP section

cheers

spania 25-05-2006 10:46 AM

i really don't know how to thank you bro for the help i really apreciatet:attn:

mmoore5553 25-05-2006 10:48 AM

no problem ...just alittle thought ..I would download one and then see if your interested in it at all ....and then if you make it threw one of the video's and then download second one ..that way if you dont like it you dont waste your money on something you will not finish .you could always use your other points on something else. But the video's on this site are worth there money in gold ..also like i said check your email for more info ...

spania 25-05-2006 08:37 PM

i checked my e mail and i loged into the site u gave it's really good but i didn't buy anything yet. i had a 36 point and by mistake bought the hunted house now i don't have any points so .... i guess i am scrwed!!:angery:

i would like to ask you a question do you think buying a book and learn from a book is worthy or buing tutorials and learn it live is better ? which one is more worthy ?

i downloded the dog video but could not make the right tuch specially when adjusting the nerbs(sheer), any way i found it some how difficult to deal with , afterwards i downloaded the GI modeling and texturing but did not start yet??

after those i wasted my money on the hunted house thing :attn:

anyway i think i must buy a book to get the basics , i am very good with photoshop and fireworks and some other applications but maya is different as i see it :confused:

spania 25-05-2006 08:38 PM

But it is fun!!! and worth to learn

mmoore5553 25-05-2006 08:48 PM

sorry to hear your points gone already ...

well I have used books and tutorials from here ..my opinion is sometimes books leave out steps ...but some dont ..I know alot of people learn from alias books ..i have a few myself but got lazy and didnt read them ..went with video tutorials cause I learn better that way ..it is a choice up to you

i found the dog tutorial harder for me ..I never did finish it ..i like how the dragon is taught and I will go back ot dog cause I learned alot and how to get by the point I was stuck on .. haunted house looks like a good one ..it is the basics as far as I knwo alot ...

there are several books out tehre to learn from ..just go at your pace ..basics are essential to learn ..trust me i have learned that before

MattTheMan 25-05-2006 08:50 PM

I never did the dog tutorial- though everyone else has :D

mmoore5553 25-05-2006 09:07 PM

my dog got rabies and passed on lmao:beer:

xamagodx 25-05-2006 11:34 PM

i cant do any tutorials i have no points and no money lol.