Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Technical Issues (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   every 2 hours i get BSOD (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26406)

marlonjohn 30-05-2007 04:03 AM

every 2 hours i get BSOD

Hey guys, every 2 hours im on the computer the computer just resets and goes to bsod(blue screen of death) ... I just reset it and it works but it just keeps on continuesly doing it.
The error i get is, "driver_irql_not_less_or_equal".

Ived researched it all over the net and still cant find a solution that works ... can anyone help me? it gets really annoying when your working on things then it just happens!

thanks, Marlon J

happymat27 30-05-2007 04:53 AM

Hey there Marlon,

Blue Screen Of Death is always a bit scary. I googled the words you've put in quotes and it came up with numerous sites regarding the problem.

THIS is a link to the microsoft support sollution, I hope it works.

Take it easy,

Mat.

marlonjohn 30-05-2007 05:51 AM

Hey Mat,

Thanks for the quick response ... Yeah ived seen this site before and only tried the second solution(HCL) which the link didnt work for me ... :confused: didnt really try the first one, didnt get what it ment. What does it mean by third party filter drivers and such as backup programs? dont really get what they mean there

Marlon J

happymat27 30-05-2007 06:01 AM

I found this...

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/816071

Under the 'More Information' heading it it explains how to disable third party filter drivers, as far as identifying them goes though I have no idea, sorry.

Good luck,

Mat

marlonjohn 30-05-2007 06:07 AM

thanks for the link, looking at it now ... hopefully i will get this all sorted out :p

cheers, marlon

publicFunction 30-05-2007 07:00 AM

The IRQ error in BSOD usually means that there is either a driver error or a hardware issue. It usually means that the driver or hardware has tried to share an IRQ that its not meant to and windows protects itself by crashing and debugging (a BSOD).

I suggest going into Safe Mode and looking at the Event Viewer (eventvwr) to see if the issue is logged there. Every BSOD should enter a note in the system log stating that there was an unexpected shutdown and why.

Also whilst in Safe Mode deinstall items like you sound card, video card and deinstall any software. Then reboot and allow the hardware to be picked back up again by Plug and Prey. Lastly get the latest drivers for the hardware and install it.

After that, it still happens, then I suggest you have a dodgy piece of hardware...

But before the expenditure of getting the HW replaced, go to windows updates and download all the updates until there are none left, and if the issue still exists, then rebuild your PC.

Hope this helps...

Rhetoric Camel 30-05-2007 08:19 PM

I used to get this all the time, then I noticed my computer was only reading half of my 1gig that I had, so I shut down opened up the computer and saw that my ram stick wasn't in place all the way. I fixed that and I haven't seen that screen since then. I'm not saying it's definately your ram but it was my solution and your problem could be kind of similar.

gster123 31-05-2007 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by R@nSiD
Plug and Prey.
LOL, That made me laugh!

Hoppe you manage to get it going marlon, hey your suing a mac arnt you? Not too sure if that would make a difference, but you might be able to repair it by installing windows again with repair?

Or (I dont know if windows under bootcamp would have it) could you not go to a system restore point, before the problem started?

marlonjohn 01-06-2007 09:23 PM

@ Chris - Yeah in most of the posts i read, majority of them had hardware problems like rams etc :S ived looked into event view and you can see every 2 hours a log has happen and its the same thing over and over again ... yeah ived got latest drivers for both windows and my hardware installed.

@ Rhetoric camel - Yeah, after this post im going to try take out 1 of my rams stick and see if it happens, if it still happends ill change it with my other one and keep on doing that for some things in my computer such as harddrive. Trial and error i say ... :p

@ Steve - Thanks man, yeah i hope also to i get it working ... its really bugging me atm. Nah not running the mac(at brothers house). Ived though about doing a repair though i dont really like doing them since they change some directory file names etc even though it might fix the problem...

hmm what shall i do people?

marlon

publicFunction 02-06-2007 12:36 AM

Launch into safe mode (press F8 at the start) and leave it to see if it crashes again.

If it does then its the OS, so rebuild and OS from scratch.
If not then its Hardware, so deinstall all the HW and go back in and let it rediscover the devices and see what happens

marlonjohn 02-06-2007 12:43 AM

yeah i will try that after i get this thing done.

Im testing to see if any of my 2 ram sticks are crook ...

marlonjohn 02-06-2007 02:56 AM

HUESTON ... WE MAY HAVE FIXED THIS PROBLEM! ;)

took out ram-sticks #2 and it hasnt switched off for 4 hours! :attn:

sucks though, if i render it takes ages (512mb) :headbang: