Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Resource Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   ***PLEASE READ AND REQUESTS*** (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30139)

Jay 14-06-2008 03:00 PM

***PLEASE READ & REQUESTS***

Hey All

To everyone that posts here, please keep the links, photo references or any other type of resources posted here topical to this forum and website, and please report anything that is considered or you consider immaterial or otherwise to Site Admin or Moderator.

Also if you do answer a post, try and add a link as you go it will then save on wasting the threads with 'thank you's' all the time, your 'resource' is your 'thank you'

to keep the resource lounge under control, please put all your requested resource thread ideas in here, so if theres a subject matter that you feel we could do with then pop it in here and we'll see what we can do....

Cheers
Jay

jali 14-06-2008 08:55 PM

hi

i'de like to see some next gen ,well they're current gen now, game character tuts that show how to create normal and specular maps ect, using mudbox,

Jay 14-06-2008 09:04 PM

Do you want references or tutes? If its tutes on normal mapping Mike Mckinley already has one in the downloads section.

Jay

jali 15-06-2008 04:05 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Jay
Do you want references or tutes? If its tutes on normal mapping Mike Mckinley already has one in the downloads section.

Jay

hi

i kind of want a tut that starts off with a low poly mesh, then is taken into mudbox and sculpted on, then explains the whole baking normal and spec map thing, and how to import those maps into maya

Jay 15-06-2008 09:15 AM

Ah a tute so I gues you'd better put that in the DVd area. This is the resources lounges which is basically for links to textures, photos etc, not really to advertise other peoples tutes otherwise its pointless having this site. It does say under the resource lounge header what this particular lounge is for.

Perhaps you should post in the Members lounge or the comments and suggestions area

Cheers
Jay

arran 31-07-2008 04:46 AM

hey jay - i'm wondering if it would be worth making the some of the threads sticky - such as textures, shaders, blueprints - so they don't get lost after 30 days. just a thought.

Jay 31-07-2008 07:31 AM

Hey Arran

Done :attn:

Jay

arran 31-07-2008 08:06 AM

cheers mate! :beer:

gubar 06-08-2008 09:59 AM

Hi,

looking for head refs for a japanese male, checked all the links and loads of refs but none that can be used for an oriental character.

cheers

gubar

Jay 07-08-2008 04:32 PM

will have a look around for you...

Jay

gubar 07-08-2008 04:35 PM

Thanks Jay,

spent most of yesterday looking, no luck... googled for ages on various Japanese celebrities but still no luck. Looking for someone in the age range of 40-60 preferably.

cheers

gubar

Jay 07-08-2008 04:48 PM

did you try www.3d.sk ? I just went over there and typed in Asian and it came up with loads of stuff. I know you have to pay a small price for the juicy stuff but it may be worth it.

Jay

gubar 07-08-2008 05:26 PM

Hi Jay,

my subscription expired about 2 months ago and I'm pretty broke at the moment so won't be renewing for a while. Got a load of stuff I saved when I was a member - but none that fit the bill unfortunately.

cheers

gubar

Jay 07-08-2008 06:18 PM

ahaaaa!! I just got 3d world this month and it has a ton of 3d sk refs on the disc, including a male and female asian type on there (I kid you not) and in their 30 -40 years. Just for the record the front cover is by the legendary character artist Francisco Cortina so you cant miss it!!

hope that one helps for sure
Jay

gubar 07-08-2008 09:24 PM

Nice one Jay I'll check it out during the week,

cheers

gubar