Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Maya Basics & Newbie Lounge (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Wow! Motion Capture! (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1630)

undseth 16-10-2002 09:40 PM

Wow! Motion Capture!

I bought a game today, at a cheap price.

"SHOGUN - Total War"

When I saw the animation-clips in the game I just wondered, "what is this!?!".

The animation and movement of people were so realistic. Then it struck me that it could be motion capture, and this was confirmed in the game credits.

Way Cool!!!

adldesigner 16-10-2002 10:52 PM

Motion Capture clip (422K)

1 Attachment(s)
Want to see a great motion capture clip?

Next time you´re researching Final Fantasy TSW, check the New York scene at the beggining, just before the Deep Eyes arrive to help out out (or rescue) Aki, be on the lookout for a 1 sec shaker camera shot behind Aki as she runs & jumps through some wreckage. (By the way, that´s one of my favorite shots from the movie)

The sheer reality of the shot astounded me. That´s some nice motion capture, tweaked along with keyframing.

Watch the clip closely, although composed of a few frames you can still manage to see the camera shake, and Aki´s movement.

I created this little clip to show off, just a as great example of motion capture under fair use. © 2001 All rights reserved, Square pictures, Inc.

adldesigner 17-10-2002 03:36 AM

Lol! by the way, isn´t that a Toyota Corolla?

Just noticed :)

Roman 17-10-2002 03:41 AM

lol.. might be, but not sure.. :p

undseth 17-10-2002 09:49 AM

That sequence is something special all right. I found it a bit wierd but it looks really nice. I just thought it pushed it over the top,when giving this sequence a "documentary look", with shaky cameras.

But I like it!

Oh I just have to mention it:
I took the time to watch the extra material on the DVD and the guys making the movie had the humor to add in a VERY subtle picture of one of the crew, on the wall somewhere. I think he used a white curly wig. But you have to know about it beforhand to recognize it as you watch the movie.

And the extra material on the DVD also show some funny "cut-outs", for humors sake.

Roman 17-10-2002 02:35 PM

now that you mentioned this undseth..
has anybody seen the final fantasy's thriller...? M. Jacksons most famous video clip..
it is frickin' WICKED..!!! sooooooo funny.. heheh :D

moocow 17-10-2002 03:01 PM

yeah, shogun's wicked cool...the assassination anims are awesome...check out the expansion too!

ragecgi 19-10-2002 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Roman
now that you mentioned this undseth..
has anybody seen the final fantasy's thriller...? M. Jacksons most famous video clip..
it is frickin' WICKED..!!! sooooooo funny.. heheh :D

YEAH!! I had that as my screen-saver for a while, but I think I lost it with my last reformat:(

That was a great vid tho!