Simply Maya User Community

Simply Maya User Community (https://simplymaya.com/forum/index.php)
-   Dynamics & Special Effects (https://simplymaya.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Some Fluids Questions... (https://simplymaya.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4207)

Emo 26-02-2003 12:16 AM

Some Fluids Questions...

I'm messing around with fluids and what I'm trying to do is an animation of the 2 in my scene.. but.. what I need it to do is for one to play half the way, THEN the other one starts... how would I do that??:confused:

thanks

-Emo

ragecgi 26-02-2003 01:49 AM

What 2 things are you speaking of?

Sorry, not sure what you mean...

If you want to have 2 fluids systems working together (i.e. 2 fluids mixing together) currently, that is not possible with this release of fluids:(

Maya 5 corrects this I've heard....

If that's not what you were asking, then can you elaborate a bit? Thanks!

Emo 26-02-2003 02:20 AM

well if you go into the visor, and in the fluids examples there is a nuke and a meteor... well I want the meteor to start out the animation and then just when it hits the ground, the nuke goes off...

there is a time node in the nuke's attributes, but that's not it...

-Emo

Jozvex 26-02-2003 04:27 AM

Can you just animate the fluid emitters? So that they don't start emitting until you want them to?

mind_raper 26-02-2003 10:02 AM

Controlling Fluids

there are two types of fluid flow...on is dynamic based on some lab theories...i dont think that wil be handleable....cause everthing is based on values from other factors like "Temprature", "Heat"....so i think static grid can help....for controling...the fluids flow.....well i will try to do that and lets see .... !!

mind_raper 26-02-2003 10:05 AM

yes you are right RAGE

like Rage said...its not possible to....create 2 containers and mix them together...thats not possible !
well u can create more than two emitter in a container and have an effect of mixing...it up..if u want to ..mixxing
......yeah....offcourse. well there is update of fluid preset get ur one from aliaswavefront community site......it have that more than two emitter example ...... it might help...........

ragecgi 26-02-2003 03:13 PM

I know it's the long way around, but have you thought about animating some low-res geometry to get your animation timing right, then:

1. substitute the meteor with the meteor fluid, and match the low-res animation
2. render JUST the meteor.
3. then render just the nuke.

Then, composite them together later.

Sorry, I know it's the long way around, but untill they allow us to mix fluids, the interaction that you want, you may have to fake a bit... :(

Jozvex 28-02-2003 01:19 PM

Re: Some Fluids Questions...

I could be wrong but I don't think he wants anything to mix. He just wants to control when the fluid examples start calculating!

Quote:

Originally posted by Emo
what I need it to do is for one to play half the way, THEN the other one starts... how would I do that??

ragecgi 28-02-2003 07:37 PM

Oh, if I understand you right, couldn't you just key the rate's of each emitter, and/or fluid to start and stop when you want them to?

Sorry if I still don't get it...

Emo 28-02-2003 08:19 PM

hehe yeah that's what I was trying to do Jozvex :D

thanks for all the help guys!

I'll try some other stuff later

-Emo

DuncanBrinsmead 05-03-2003 02:21 AM

Here are two ways you could affect when a fluid starts.
1. set the startTime on the fluid
2.(if you want to get all the animated force effects, etc) cache the fluid then break the default time connection to the fluid and keyframe it.

Duncan